What is the layout of your house?

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by katl8e
Christy, how do you manage, with such a tiny kitchen? I'd be banging into things and tripping over cats, worse than I do now.
Quite well, actually. Believe it or not, this kitchen more than twice the size of my old one. It's an old building, so the ceilings are high and the floors are hardwood, but the kitchens are tiny. I guess people in the 1920's didn't do too much cooking. However, that is the one thing I want in my next place-a big kitchen with lots of counters and cabinets.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I own a two bedroom bungalow. The house faces south. You walk through the formal front door to the living room which is very large and you walk through an archway into a country kitchen. Off the kitchen is another archway to a hallway and if you go straight you will walk into the bathroom. On either side of the bathroom is the two bedrooms. Off the kitchen is a mudroom. When your inside the mudroom you can go left to go down to the basement/laundry or right through a door to go into a little entryway that leads to the attached garage.

Everyone thinks it looks small from the outside, but when you walk into the inside and see the large living room and country kitchen - they think it looks much larger on the inside than outside.