What is that paper called?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Is THAT what it's used for?? I wish I had known before I threw away 4 full rolls when I was cleaning out mom's house. I thought it was for something special because I never saw her use it.
No...guess who got to clean the cookie sheets all the time. You would think she would have let me in on that little secret. Is it expensive? Because if not, I may have to invest in some.
I don't remember now what I paid last time, but no, not expensive and a roll lasts quite a long time. One of the other nice things about parchment is that it is reuseable. Just wipe it down with a damp cloth and save it for next time. You won't get the stains off, but the parchment is fine. After several uses, you'll have a good collection of stains, some real browning around the edges, and it'll be feeling a little brittle. Time to pitch it and take a new piece.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

OK, thanks for the info. It's good to know you can't put wax paper in an oven.
No worries - you would have figured it out if you had tried to use it in the oven.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Thats a lot of cookies there, Karen. Sounds like enough for all of us or at least a few of us
Nope, just enough for me.