What is Something You Do For Your Cat.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, now this one may be weird even to you members out there but here goes:

Everyday, it's actually a ritual, when I put Angel's food in his bowl I say, as I mix his food with my fingers:

"I'll add all of your favorite spices, love, attention, hugs and kisses!"

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

For my cats though, I would give up eating food to feed them!
That's the same kind of love I hope we all have for our babies

For Eponine, I leave the door to the bathroom open when I am taking an indulgent bath so that she can sit on the floor next to the tub.
Also, I have a towel heater. On cold days, I'll heat up the blanket that she likes to lay on (the tan one in my signature picture) and heat it on the towel warmer.
Finally, I try to go home during my lunch breaks sometimes to "surprise" her and spend a little extra time with her.
Oh yeah, and one time when she was sick, I took a sick day from work so that I could keep an eye on her.
But I guess none of you would find any of this stuff weird
I'm in great company at TCS!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I leave at least one afghan on the sofa for Zorro, because he digs like a dog into the blanket & sleeps on it during the day.

I have to keep the door open to the bathroom in the morning, every morning, until all three boycats are in there with me! If NOT then they dig at the bottom of the door (or, Hammie opens the door himself).

I don't go to bed at night until I do a cat-count. I have to know where each one is. I know all their spots so I check the spots. And, 5 of my 6 cats sleep with me; so, after I lay down to read, I do NOT fall asleep until I have those 5 cats with me. If I'm missing one, then I get up out of bed and go looking!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought of another odd thing I do for Eppie (that y'all probably won't think is odd at all!). I eat these thing called Taquitos. They're toasted tortillas that are rolled up with some kind of filling inside. My favorite (and Eponine's) are the chicken-filled ones. Well, as soon as she smells them, she comes running (the only human food she comes running for), but before I give her a piece of the chicken filling, I blow on it so that it won't be too hot for her throat. It just panicks me to think that she'll scald her tongue on a piece of chicken!

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok, you know those bathroom rugs you can buy? kinda like bathmats only they cover the entire floor of the bathroom and you cut them so they go around the tub/toilet/etc. anyway, my mom does this in all of her bathrooms, and I always cut them for her so she doesn't hurt her back.

and I this time I cut them in such a way that left a few cabinet sized scraps...and I put these rugs (since they are washable and have rubber backing) on top of our kitchen cabinets so she will be comfortable up there
Its like, a kitchen shaped cat condo

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Hey Sharon....what's in the cookie jar????
hehe..the one in the middle?? people cookies!!! (fresh baked white chocolate chunk, my hubby's favorite!!)
the one on the right?? kitty cookies!!! :-) (well, maybe not cookies, but treats nontheless!!)

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a bathmat to put inside the pet carrier to make it soft for Angel, plus, it has a rubber backing so it stays put when he moves around trying to get out of it. Then I put a blanket on top of that to make it cozy. Then I cover the carrier with another blanket to keep him content and not scared of where he's going.

Then.....to top things off, I NEVER, EVER hold the pet carrier down to my side of my body. Instead I hold it up, at eye level, so that he can see me, eye to eye. Yes, this is very straining on my arm and back but I do it anyway.

Everytime I go to the vet, they tell me to "Just put it down by your side", and I tell them "I will not!"

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elmo eats Whiskas single dinners and if he doesn't like a flavour then we will keep trying them until he is happy! This also makes Jazz a very happy dog cos she gets passed plate after plate of unwanted jellymeat!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pearl only likes to cuddle in one position, so I will assume the position for as long as she will cuddle with me.
I hold Fred like a baby and sing to him.
Pepper and Scooter like to run through the house like loonies, so I make sure their path is always clear. Both of them like to be held and cuddled on their terms, so I will usually stop what I am doing when they want to be held.
And....pretty much whatever else they want. They all get massages on demand, too.

sassykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess the craziest thing I do is...I feed kitty with a fork. I don't know what her problem is but she has a hard time eating wet food, it just seems to get pushed around on the plate. It could be that for about the 1st 6 months that I had her I fed her Meow Mix pouches ( I now know better ) and they were chunky and she didn't have trouble eating it. I have started feeding her Wellness and it is mushy. I don't know what the problem is

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Air Boxing, I do that with them when they're on their tree..
I turn on the tub for Gibby when I go potty. ( he sits in the tub and swats the faucet)
I let them in the dryer when the clothes are warm and dry..
When I'm done with my yogurts, i let gibby stick his paw in the cups and have a little.

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Air Boxing, I do that with them when they're on their tree..
How exactly is that played, may I ask? I'm sorry, I'm just getting this vision that you hold your hands up while your kitty hits the palms of your hand, as a boxer would do!

Oh wait! Or is it the other way around?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i let Cable lick my dishes when i'm thru eating...
i scoop the litterbox in between auto-rakes 'cause she seems to go every 30 seconds! (not really, but she has to re-christen it every time it's cleaned!)
i hold Cable after putting down the wet food so Pixel can check it out first - otherwise she has trouble (Cable's pushy & a food hog!)
i always tell them bye & to be good girls
when i go on short (3-5 day) trips, i always tell them what day i'll be home
when i get take-out chicken, i share it with them
i buy them WAAAY to many toys!
i've bought 8 little kitty quilts & 2 donut beds - but they mostly sit & sleep with me!

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
let them sit on my lap while i got potty
I thought I was the only one who did that!! Both of my cats want to be in the bathroom whenever I am!! So, I usually let them.

I also tuck my oldest cat in under blankets sometimes.

glowbugm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
daddy hung a very attractive home-made long bouncy rope with a shiny red spangly cattoy on the end from the center of the livingroom ceiling to keep music happy...it's way attractive let me tell you!! who cares if it goes with decor!! music thinks it does. it's worth it to watch her do the buttwiggle before she attacks it. which she just did, on cue.