What is something TERRIBLE you got for your birthday/Christmas/anniversary?

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husbands idea of a good gift is a CD. And one that we 'both would like'(which translates into-something that he likes).

I have been disappointed too many times with gifts, so finally i have told him dont ever buy me a gift for ANY occassion, i will buy my own...

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If i am thinking right... i believe it is peices of 'waste' that get caught in animals fur and dries and just hangs there

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

I would be willing to bet that I'm the only woman on here who was absolutely ecstatic over getting a deWalt router for last Christmas
Some of the best gifts I've gotten have been practical. You get to use them often and they make your life easier. My husband teases me because I say one of the best things I've ever gotten was a vaccum cleaner. But it is a GREAT machine and I love it!

Two Christmas gifts come to mind when thinking about "the worst". On year my brother gave me a POO PET. It was a sleeping cat figure made out of manure. You were supposed to put it under a bush and let it dissolve. It was really, really weird. The second is the Christmas my own mom gave me a work-out video and wrinkle cream.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't a gift I received, but a total dud that I managed to buy for my brother one year and also demonstrate to everyone what a natural duffer I can be without even trying!!

I decided one Christmas it would be lovely to get my oldest brother a Bonsai tree. So I rang around a few places and finally went to a place called Endless Greenery. I spent $100 on it (a lot for me at the time) and I asked the lady all kinds of questions about how to look after it - you know, does it need watering and how often, and this and that.

Anyway, when I got it home my husband thought it was a lovely, and then took a closer look at it. He kind of coughed and said, `Darling, you do realise this is fake, don't you?' I looked closely and realised that it was indeed!!! I couldn't believe I had been so silly and when he asked me where I had bought it from and I told him, he said, `Don't you think that the name of the shop might have given something away??' But of course I'd missed that, hadn't I? And not only that, now the strange looks the lady was giving me made sense. I guess I should have clicked when she said, `Well, you don't need to water it but you could hose it down once in a while, I suppose'. But no, didn't click even then. Needless to say it stayed in my house for years as pride-of-place silly object, and my brother got a CD and a book for Christmas!!! D'oh!!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Warning bells should have rung our first Christmas when my now-ex gave me a hideous fluffy toy with stick-on eyes and feet. His last present to me was an antique bedside lamp, which HE took with him when we split!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rob's pretty good at gifts -- within certain boundaries. I know not to expect anything romantic, sexy, etc. No cut flowers. No jewellery. No sexy undies. (That's not a bad thing!) But practical as he is, he does choose things that I will enjoy, and often wouldn't buy for myself, at least the first time -- my computer upgrade; my Palm Pilot; my now almost complete set of Calphalon cookware; assorted other kitchen things that make playing in the kitchen that much more fun; etc. I don't think he's ever come up with a dud.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess I can throw this in... for our 3 month anniversary (yes we celebrated every montly anniversary for the first year) my now ex-boyfriend gave me... an electric toothbrush. He said it was because he got one for Christmas and liked it so much that he wanted me to have one... great!