What is one ingredient...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the same way about cilantro usually and it tastes like soap on its own, but I can manage the rice at Chipotle. Maybe there's enough other flavors to drown it out.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not fussy and generally accept what the cook has decided is a good recipe or selection. But - I have been known to ask for no salmon - when the main course will consist of a wonderful selection of different fish - and I'd never be able to eat everything. Salmon is something I cook regularly, so I prefer to exchange it for more vegetables rather than have to leave it on my plate, as it is very filling.

At Greek restaurants, when they serve both french fries and rice on the same plate, I usually ask for one or the other to be omitted. I don't want or need both 🍟 🍚!

If I'm honest, I don't feel happy when a guest starts giving (usually her) special orders to the cook - "grilled and not baked", "no onions", "and not mozzarella - the "proper" recipe requires blah, blah, blah". Very embarassing. She should stay at home and cook! 👩‍🍳

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother hates cilantro but I LOVE it. I'm glad she didn't pass on that gene! :lol: Fortunatley everyone in the house seems to like it.

I will take all the mushrooms and onions everyone keeps passing on.:yummy:
If I'm honest, I don't feel happy when a guest starts giving (usually her) special orders to the cook - "grilled and not baked", "no onions", "and not mozzarella - the "proper" recipe requires blah, blah, blah". Very embarassing. She should stay at home and cook! 👩‍🍳
My FIL can be like this and it can be very embarassing. Like the time he spent several minutes explaining to our server why the char marks on the grilled chicken were dangerous to our health. Only to give the manager the same several minute lesson when he was going around a while later asking people how they enjoyed their dinner. After having meticulously cut off every char mark from his chicken because the chef still left too many... :cringe: