What Is My Kittens Color Called?

Harri’sMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I think my kitten is Torbie but I’m not 100% sure. Here’s some photos, would love your help, thank you.

As you can see she is a mixed bag. She is dark on her back with a tiny ginger patch which can be seen in the first photo. Her toes are white and like a dilute ginger/tan colour. From the front she looks like a tabby. Her legs are grey and black stripes lol, which is a different colour to her face and back. She has a typical spotty tabby tummy. In the sun her ginger patch is bright orange.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I think you're right! It's hard for me to tell from the body pics but that foot is the giveaway.

She's a cutie!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Looks torbie to me! She’s a cute little kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Harri’sMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep, I think you're right! It's hard for me to tell from the body pics but that foot is the giveaway.

She's a cutie!
Thank you. She doesn’t quite look like anything I googled!!

Harri’sMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 2 week old kitten who is similar to your kitten minus a little less ginger I can' figure out her colour at all!
Haha it’s a fun job. The vet said she had tortie markings a couple of days ago so I’m back to confused!

Harri’sMum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also your kittens are
Too adorable :hearthrob:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha it’s a fun job. The vet said she had tortie markings a couple of days ago so I’m back to confused!
She does have tortie markings :D. So that would be accurate enough. But because her dark spots have a tabby pattern, we tend to call that torbie, or maybe tortie/tabby. I think the show cat description is "patched tabby". Regular torties have solid black on their dark spots.