What IS it with cats and boxes?

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocky's latest thing is to jump into the refridgerator! I'm trying to have him stop for safety and sanitary reasons. Other than grabbing him I've run out of ideas. He also can open cupboards, hid and open them back up on his own.

ginger's mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girl is also a box addict. She's in heaven at the moment as we're slowing packing to move in 3 weeks time so there are boxes all over the place.
She has her own "special" box that my son cut a little window in, she hides inside and when you walk past out shoots this paw waving about like mad to catch you or she drops her sockfriend in there to beat up.
That said she is also a cupboard and washing basket addict and god help you if you're trying to do any paperwork

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oliver hasnt had access to a soda-flat type box, but absolutely won't let me throw away the box his snuggle ball came in! It's a tall rectangular box that I laid on it's side, with one side opened up... When I play with him and his fishing rod toy he runs and hides inside the box like he's hinding from the prey and waits to attack... he'll peek his head around the corner of the box and I go "I can see youuuuu..." and he sneaks back inside!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to get the biggest laughs out of my (RB) cat, BC.
Nothing more amusing than watching a 23 pound cat stuff himself into a women's size 5 shoebox.
He always managed it, but the poor boxes were almost completely round by the time he got out of them.

jennyanniedots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Boxes, bags; you name it. It's like they hear you carrying one in and they come running. "You brought me a box?! Thank you! Put it down! Put it down! Let me play with it! Put it down!"

Henry likes to root around in my mother's purse when she comes to visit. And suitcases. When those come out, he's in them like he's part of the trip.

decadenz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zazi

Many house cats have the boxicus nuttzicus virus... It is highly contagious. Symptoms are shredded boxes, battered boxes and boxes with anywhere from one to five cats inside them. Cat infested boxes are best left alone till all cats in the box no longer have the glazed expression brought on by close proximity to cardboard...

A lesser know viral infection caused by the boxicus minimus strain, causes certain cats to think that they are in fact the size of a small tissue box. This virus seems to target cats over 5kg more than cats under 4kg.

Unfortunately it is not a treatable condition... Most cats infected with these viruses will never recover. Cats with the terrible Boxicus minimus strain are the worst affected. Over time these cats become severely delusional... There have been reported cases of cats attempting to squeeze themselves into all sorts of miniature boxes...

At present the only treatment available is by digital camera and a good sense of humour
OMG This is too funny!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JennyAnnieDots

Boxes, bags; you name it. It's like they hear you carrying one in and they come running. "You brought me a box?! Thank you! Put it down! Put it down! Let me play with it! Put it down!"

Henry likes to root around in my mother's purse when she comes to visit. And suitcases. When those come out, he's in them like he's part of the trip.
Oh yeah, Jack loves my travelling bag as well! Open or closed, he loves to sit in/on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

We used to get the biggest laughs out of my (RB) cat, BC.
Nothing more amusing than watching a 23 pound cat stuff himself into a women's size 5 shoebox.
He always managed it, but the poor boxes were almost completely round by the time he got out of them.
Totally cracking up picturing this!