What Is Going On???

KrazyKatMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello all! I’m laying in the opening of my momma cats birthing box and rubbing her belly. She lifted her tail and has a yellowish, clear sack coming out of her mama parts. Is this her water? She woke me up out of a dead sleep meowing in my face and rubbing up on my arm. Her back end and legs were wet and had a brownish discharge by her bum. I cleaned her off and went to the box, she followed. She has to be right next to me. It looked like she was having contractions for a few minutes but that’s all that started coming out. What’s going on??? Lol my husband is running around freaking out like he did when I was in labor and he’s driving me nuts! I’m hoping to find an answer to give him to calm him down! Thank you in advance!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KrazyKatMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning! First one out at 5:42 a.m. lil fuzz ball hasn’t latched in yet just keeps crawling around. Mama is a champ, purring away. Calm and even relaxed looking. Wish labor went that easy for me! Can’t wait for the rest, and for them to get bigger. Mama is a polydactyl, curious to see how many babies are! Will post updates as the day goes on!

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow that is amazing :)! Any chance you would be willing to share pictures with us? I would love to see the peachy fuzz balls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KrazyKatMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!!! It’s been a busy day! I had hoped to respond before having to leave for work but I got caught up with mama and the fuzzies! Mama has 5 lil ones, the last one however did not make it. I tried to revive but to no avail. It was born 15 hours later than the others, which is crazy to me. I will post some pictures later. The weirdest thing happened throughout mama kitties labor and I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. After she had the 2nd kitten, my son, who is 2 started to cry. Mama kitty left her 2 kittens and ran to my son and tried to comfort him! She was meowing, licking and rubbing all over him. She has never done this before! I was shocked. Anywho... everything is now peaceful and calm. Time for bed since all the kids and grandkids lol are sleeping finally. LONG DAY! Thank you everyone for your replies and for taking the time to read!

ans5181

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't personally had that happen but it makes perfect sense...mama is in full force, her hormones are going strong. A mom is a mom is a mom, and cats and dogs especially seem to know that babies are babies, and tend to treat them as such. She heard the cries of a baby in distress and had to go address it, apparently right then! That is so cute! I will say, I have a cat who became a mama in August, and although her babies are "grown" and she is fixed, if I am watching something like cute kitten videos on YouTube and they are making kitten noises, the other cats couldn't care less, but at the sound of babies, her head and ears are swiveling and she jumps down and tries to find the babies!! I have started turning the sound down so as not to confuse her. Lol some things are just instinct and biology!