What is going on with my cat?

Ch333y

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
recently I brought her to stay over at my boyfriends dads house I think she may have gotten into insulation making vet appt asap. I feel like it’s gotten worse the past couple days , it started off as her nose being like a hump and not straight and then it started peeling!!?!! plz do you guys have any ideas as to what it may be in the mean time. I’m honestly worried .. and that little dimple in the middle was not there yesterday…. I’m honestly afraid her nose is falling off I’m just holding her head. but she doesn’t seem to be in pain? But I know cats are great at hiding that…

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ch333y

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
should I be okay to put aloe plant on it ?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
should I be okay to put aloe plant on it ?
Honestly not knowing what it is I would not recommend putting anything on it. When did you first notice something was wrong with her nose?Can you call an emergency 24 hour vet ask them if they can take a look at some pictures and if they can you can email them and see what they say.. if they cant then i would call the vet first thing In the morning send them pictures via email and see what they have to say???

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Insulation can definitely be a skin irritant, but I am not certain what the best treatment would be to clear it up. Given you don't really know what caused this and it continues to get worse, I would do as suggested above - send pics to the vet and ask for their help in treating it. If it is fiberglass insulation, there could be tiny, nearly microscopic shards of it left on him, and that could explain why his nose seems to be getting worse.

There are just sometimes when it can be more harmful to guess at how to treat it as opposed to letting your vet take a look and recommend appropriate treatment. I feel like this is one of those times.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Is she sneezing? How is she acting otherwise? If she will let you, take a warm damp paper towel and very gently lay it on the nose to see if some of that crud will loosen. If she fights this don’t do it.
She definitely needs to see a vet. Is her breathing ok? Any open mouth breathing? Does your cat go outside?