What I made for dinner tonight!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Of course Kenz.........come on over!

If you were closer, I would be there in a heartbeat! Of course Ohio isn't that far from MN

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

If you were closer, I would be there in a heartbeat! Of course Ohio isn't that far from MN
Poor John.....aren't you cooking for him tonight?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are mighty fine looking peppers, Sooz! Haven't had stuffed peppers for eons, and I do love them....hmmmmm

So, more pics? OK, here we go...

I did take pix on Thursday, but then didn't get a chance to post, so here's the Greek Salad and Garlic Prawns with Feta. I know it won't turn your crank, Sooz (seems to me you're not into prawns, if I recall well?) but for the rest of the folks...

Then there's last night. Friday is always a special meal in our house, and sometimes we have company, as we did last night. I put some wild sockeye on the BBQ, and served it with a rice salad (recipe in the fundraiser forum)...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your right Frannie....I'm not into seafood, but they do look like good dishes! What did you season your sockeye with? (never heard of sockeye......looks like salmon!)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Your right Frannie....I'm not into seafood, but they do look like good dishes! What did you season your sockeye with? (never heard of sockeye......looks like salmon!)
Yes, salmon.. sockeye is the red one, very moist and rich. I just sprinkle with anise and fresh ground black pepper, and then brush with olive oil for the cooking. A pat of herb butter or caper butter onto the hot fish as it comes off the grill finishes it off nicely.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Maybe

Fran, your meals always look spectacular!
Thank you, Karen. The most ordinary meal will taste twice as good if the eye gets to feast first. My Dad taught me that (he was the cook in our family), largely by doing it every day, no matter how "ordinary" the meal was. Thanks, Dad.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Fran that looks lovely!. And some crusty bread would go down well with that as well
I'm gonna call you Crusty from now on!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Eeeeek that sounds terrible
It does, doesn't it, Susan!!

Well, you might want some crusty bread with the leftovers we had tonight, though I figured we'd had enough starch already today, so just served a heap of Caesar Salad with the cold salmon. If I'd had my head screwed on right, I'd have whipped up a little garlic mayonnaise for the fish, but it was nice and moist, so it didn't really matter...

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susie:
I think your chili looks delicious! I love white chicken chili: a little bit of chopped green peppers and chopped cilantro helps it look not so "beige", I've learned! I love putting a little bit of lf shredded cheese, lf sour cream and a little bit of chopped avocado on op of mine!!!

I didn't take a pic of my dinner tonight: but I didn't make it! I ate a LATE dinner with a friend out at a good casual place near my house. We were at the theatre til 10 so I was starving to death: I had a turkey sandwich that had cranberry mayonaise and stuffing on it, with good roast turkey instead of turkey lunchmeat, and it came with tater tots, and you know, sometimes a girl needs some tater tots!!!
I'll be paying for it on the treadmill tomorrow though!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh? This thread is still going on?

Our brave Fireman Jerry! Eating all that chili so no one else will suffer from the sight!

Fran? Can we all come eat at your house? Every day?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's right Jan....this thread has turned into, "Post a pic of your culinary creations" Your turn!! We want to see one of yours!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susie's stuffed green peppers yesterday got my mouth watering! Anyway, I'm making them tonight for dinner! With the pickle bits in them and the cheddar cheese sauce! Oh calories calories calories (I'm going to have to stop saying that)!