What have your pets done to make you want to strangle them??

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, when Boo was a pup, he chewed the cover off my couch... but I didn't want to strangle him for that.. I wanted to strangle DH because he was supposed to be watching him and wasn't! Ohh DH got in trouble for that one.

I did want to strangle Boo when he ate my $400 prescription sunglasses. Crunched the lenses to pieces so I couldn't even get them repaired.

But mostly I just want to strangle Tryon whenever I try to clip her nails. I had a post on this before somewhere... but this chick just goes NUTS whenever you try to clip her nails.. a battle which usually leaves me scarred, bloody, bitten and bruised.
On one hand, I can't really blame her because she's still pretty feral and I don't know what kind of life she had on the streets before I found her (I have to assume pretty rough)... but getting just one nail cut is usually enough to make me want to bring her to the shelter!!!

.... Not that I would ever do it....

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear... I don't want to take over the thread, but I'll post small things.

When 8-Bit: gave my bra as a gift, ate a repair man's sandwich leaving him lunchless, destroyed his first bag of flour and turned into a gray ball of glue, learned to trigger the catch on the auto feeder so he could eat whenever he wanted.... the list goes on and on and on.

Scratch: When he demolishes the new rugs we bought because he likes to pull out their strings, make them into a pile, and then show them to us.

Dr. Claw: He's my good boy. I don't really have any complaints about him.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... we're the "grownups," so I figure whatever happens is my own fault for not guarding against it. If I buy an expensive piece of upholstered furniture, leave food out without closing the kitchen door, walk away from my beading without putting something over it... I can't blame the kitties for doing what kitties do!

So not only does it never even cross my mind to do violence to them, I'm extremely uncomfortable with even joking about it.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you've notice me mention that my Maggie chews everything. This habit has caused me more grief than, perhaps, anything else in my life. I don't really want to strangle her, but I've been tempted to grab a pair of pliers and pull out all her little teeth! Besides all of the other things I've mentioned in other posts, probably the worst thing she's chewed was a borrowed book. At the time I knew she liked to chew electrical cords and her toys, but I never realized that she was a literary critic (or connoisseur.)

One of the surgeons that I work with loaned me a copy of his favorite book. It was a hard cover, out of print book that he said he re-reads because it is his most favorite book by his favorite author. I took it home and sat down in the living room to read it. It was a very good book, and I read quite late into the night, until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I set it on the end table next to the chair, and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning, Maggie had virtually destroyed the cover by chewing every corner to a pulp. It took me several months to find a copy on either eBay or Amazon, that was a hard cover in mint condition to replace it. And it cost me more than $100. Since that time, I've discovered that she also enjoys paperback books too. I'm much more careful now with books that I'm reading. I either put them in the drawer of the end table, or put them in the bookself or protect them in some way from Maggie's teeth.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tilly eats books too. And she knows I want the book, she looks me right in the eye before tearing my library books to shreds.
I was once tempted to rehome her (i think i offered her on TCS?) when she 'got spooked' and clawed her way up our nearly brand-new computer monitor, which cost about $300 to replace.

And they both like to sleep on my mum's nicest cardigans even though she ties the wardrobe door shut and puts a heavy chair in front of the door.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, I could have strangled Boo a year ago, but that is the only time I think I have ever been upset with one of my pets. Of course it didn't last long and it was funny afterwards!

After searching several towns for a prom dress for my daughter, and I tell you...it's extremely difficult finding her ANY clothes, (let alone a formal dress) we finally found one. It was black satin....long...very pretty! Before I took it to be altered, I hung it on the back of a door, which I should have known better. Anyway, Boo decided she wanted to tear the plastic cover thingie off of it and she left her claw marks all over the bottom of the dress!!

Luckily...when it was altered, the little claw holes were just below the length that the dress had to be hemmed. I still laugh at what could have happened, and that I was so careless. But my daughter still has a fit whenever I tell her Boo was just wanting to make suire her dress was the perfect one!!