What happened to my cucumber?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: Cucumber tasted fine.
When hubby came home and saw that he just looked at it.... looked at me.... looked at the cucumber.... and walked away....

I normally have a really green thumb too.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I know what happened to your cucumber Beth. It ate way too many Blizzards from Dairy Queen over the past few weeks and it didn't get enough exercise. Tell the cuke it needs to get off its butt and do something! Lazy cucumbers... They think they can just lay around in the dirt until someone comes along and picks them up.

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks as though its a mineral deficiency that has caused it to swell, either that or you had a dry spell and then watered and its now suffering water retention! Had that been the case, the outer would have split, so stick with the mineral deficiency. A liquid feed would be a good idea, inc horse manure in a bucket of water for a few weeks and then use the water (smells a bit) on the plants inc tomatoes, completely natural but its incredibly good for these plants, makes them grow like no ones business - K

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Well, I know what happened to your cucumber Beth. It ate way too many Blizzards from Dairy Queen over the past few weeks and it didn't get enough exercise. Tell the cuke it needs to get off its butt and do something! Lazy cucumbers... They think they can just lay around in the dirt until someone comes along and picks them up.
I'm with you, Ryan. I'm thinking it just needs some more cardio in its exercise routine. The obesity epidemic has spread to vegetables!!! Is nothing safe??

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

I'm with you, Ryan. I'm thinking it just needs some more cardio in its exercise routine. The obesity epidemic has spread to vegetables!!! Is nothing safe??
LOL!!!
That sounds like an alarming conclusion!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have you know i opened this thread with one eye shut...

maybe it internally combusted

... or like ryan said, it is just fat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kev

Looks as though its a mineral deficiency that has caused it to swell, either that or you had a dry spell and then watered and its now suffering water retention! Had that been the case, the outer would have split, so stick with the mineral deficiency. A liquid feed would be a good idea, inc horse manure in a bucket of water for a few weeks and then use the water (smells a bit) on the plants inc tomatoes, completely natural but its incredibly good for these plants, makes them grow like no ones business - K
Wow. Thanks Kev. I have a minteral feed that I can use. I try to water the plants daily (they are in large pots on my patio). I'll get out there and work with them.