What Happened to Hope's Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Wow...just wow...

I have tears in my eyes frm this thread. I'm so happy that you guys were able to get Hope's kitties somewhere safe. I didn't have the honor of knowing Hope, but I'm sure she's glad to know they're okay.

I hope Simba turns up soon as well, or at least that he's found a safe place to live.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I couldn't be more proud to be a member of such a wonderful community as TCS. The goodness and kindness of members here is astounding for an online site of folks that only know each other through a computer.
That's the astounding part -- that most of us wouldn't know each other if we met on the street, yet the strong caring and love is there to make something like this happen. Kudos to all who went above and beyond to help these kitties.
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I have added Simba to my prayers as well. I also pray that someone loving and caring took him in and he is getting the love he deserves.
Many for Simba.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Knowing how well cats can hide, I hope they have several searches of Hope's apartment. Simba may be hiding, waiting for Hope to return. He could be inside the stool of a recliner, in a heating vent, under the sofa cushions- seriously, you would be surprised where cats in stress can hide. if the apartment is empty now, would suggest that they put a trap in the apartment (humane trap) bait it with wet food and see if they catch Simba. Just my thoughts for this poor kitty

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow-what a touching story

Bless all of you that went above and beyond to help the cats

and I hope Simba is somewhere safe and sound..

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is very touching.
It is so sad that Hope died so young, so suddenly.
TCS is such a special place, full of people who care so much. Thank you Susan, Sarah, and Nial. You are very special people.

Many for Simba that he is in a safe place and well cared for. Just like most of the rest of us, I wish I could take Shane and Sun Lee and give them a loving home. I am only allowed two pets in the apartment per my lease.

I hope everything turns out okay for her kitties.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Caught this thread tonight for the first time and read it with mounting tears plus enormous pride in TCS. What a wonderful job accomplished, especially by Susan, Nial and Sarah. And let us all hope there is good news of Simba very soon - she was so proud of him. And how I remember all the posts about Sun Lee's arrival and Hope's worries about her settling in. Good vibes for all of them and may they all find homes soon.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to second Addie Bees question. Was a live trap ever set in Hope's apartment? If not and there is still furniture in it, it is a must.

I would be really pissed off if AC did not do this as well as just looking. It should be standard practice in cases like this.

As to one of Hopes family members stating he though a neighbor took Simba in.

Has anyone contacted the neighbors. I did Katrina reunions and one thing that works very well is mailing a flier to all neighbors. If someone has an address or the property managers name, I can make up fliers and mail them to her neighbors.

I highly doubt he got out of that building. he is in there somewhere, either in an apartment or in the basement, laundry room etc.

He is a beautiful cat and if someone knew of Hopes death they very well may have just decided to keep him themselves.

Also, all vets within a 5 mile radius should be notified, especially if Simba is chipped. If he is chipped, the chip companies will often notify all shelters and vets offices in the state. Home Again are really great people to work with.

Can someone please let me know if they would like me to make up and mail out fliers.

I was just floored to see the thread about Simba in the SOS. I had to search to find this one. I was under the impression that all her family had made sure all her cats had homes. Good detective work Susan on getting the truth. Sarah and Nial...way to step up to the plate.

TCS is awesome, never ceases to amaze me what member will do to help another they have never met.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due to what happened with these poor kitties, I have found two people willing to take my boys if something were to happen to me and Doug together. Now I just need to fill out that paper and make sure my family, etc. gets a copy of it. The thought of my boys being dumped in a shelter like Hope's poor cats is unbearable.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a truly amazing story. My husband and I have already told my parents that they are listed in our Will as caretakers for our cats should anything happen to both of us. My parents are fully aware.
They already have two cats, but all four eventually get along after a day or two.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not know Hope so I've been quietly following these threads. I just wanted to say I think the efforts of virtual "strangers" that have gone into keeping her cats safe is amazing. I could only pray that my cats would have people like you on their side should something happen to DH and me.

that Simba is found/well cared for and loved.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

Has anyone contacted the neighbors.
Yes Hopes brother has....... apparantly.

I've asked him for the phone number of the manager of the apartment to see if they can leave a trap and food down, but he doesn't have it?

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I havent posted on the cat site for a long time, I am so sorry to hear about Hope. I remember a long time ago, years ago that she posted about Simba being lost and couldnt find him and she eventually found him hiding between the mattress and box spring. My daughters cat does the same thing if someone comes in that she doesnt know. She squeezes herself up in between the mattresses. I'm not sure if there is still any furniture in the apartment or if they thought to look there, sounds like its been a while though, but its just a thought. So sorry to hear about all of this. I hope he will be found.

merindah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Caught this thread tonight for the first time and read it with mounting tears plus enormous pride in TCS. What a wonderful job accomplished, especially by Susan, Nial and Sarah. And let us all hope there is good news of Simba very soon - she was so proud of him. And how I remember all the posts about Sun Lee's arrival and Hope's worries about her settling in. Good vibes for all of them and may they all find homes soon.
I also have tears, kudos to those who helped. Poor Simba.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't given up hope for Simba.

At least this wasn't a total tragety, can you imagine what could have happened if we hadn't found out about Angel, Sun Lee, & Shane? Hope is watching from heaven, and I know she is more than pleased that TCS has done everything we can-and then some, in her honor.

Simba has an angel watching him-wherever he is.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am completely filled with pride at the members of this forum for taking the steps to secure her cats. It makes me feel so good - thank you to everyone who helped out.

I am completely filled with tears that Simba has not been found. I doubt anyone actually searched more than a couple minutes for him. I have a feeling he's in that apartment. I think about Stoli, he's small and gets highly nervous around people. If something was wrong I wouldn't put it past him to dig a hole in the bottom of the sofa and crawl in.

I'm really really sorry.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am completely in awe of the situation. Susan you truly are an angel!

Sarah you are awesome for the hard work you have done too. Hope was blessed to have been in contact with such wonderful people here at TCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.