What Happen To My Cat? :'(

Neudir

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is very ill. At the start she was taking since a long time hyperthyroidism drugs.
We don't know yet what she have.
First, she throw up like 20 time yellow bile.
We found her near inconsious in her vomit. We rush the cat to the vet hospital.
My cat was very dehydrated. She can't keep water or food or she throw up.
We run some blood test and all the kidney, blader and liver are fully fonctionnal.
So they think about a occlusion. They run 3 xray. There's nothing. No fever, no pain when they touch the abdomen. They give some fluid so she look like better.
We try again to feed her with special GI food on 2 types of anti vomit + anti acid drug and she throw up again.
So they do an exploration laparotomy. They found nothing.
We are at the start now with a 3k$ bill and the cat suffer from the surgery.
I don't know what to do.
We love it so much...

*sorry for my english

Erinlinkcappy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry your cat is so sick :(
I’m not sure what it could be but I hope they work it out soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neudir

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
We got some news. This morning, she was amorphous because of the exploration laparotomy and the sterilization (the same time) She didn't eat.
They are waiting on monday for sending the biopsy.
They will perform potasium blood test because they think potassium is low and one vet come with two diagnosis possibility.
-B12 defiency
or
-Because she suffer from hyperthyroidism and don't gain weight on her medication, maybe she got Chronic intestin inflammation.

It just make me angry that they do such invasive procedure and to see her in pain. And I'll not talk about the bill... That's is stressful too...

More news will come tomorow :'(

recurringecho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no... Sending good vibes her way! I hope they know for sure tomorrow! Keep us updated for sure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neudir

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Folks,
Yesterday, she got vet discharge because she was eating again and no longer vomiting. They thing she got a closed pyometra or and more. We are waiting the biopsy analysis results. She go a lot in the litter because of a bladder biopsy or a potential urinal infection.
More infos are to come but she is far more better now :)