What hand are you?

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i said right handed but i think i'm ambi and i brush my teeth and can write a little with my left.

i used to practise doing things with my left hand as a kid incase i was ever in an accident and lost my right hand. i was a morbid child...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
true ambi...
write with my right , paint with my left..
eat with either
shoot a rifle left, hand gun right
pitch left, throw right
both for my microscope..lol..

bumpy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

true ambi...
write with my right , paint with my left..
eat with either
shoot a rifle left, hand gun right
pitch left, throw right
both for my microscope..lol..
That seems confusing. But I always thought that to determine one's right dominance, what you need to do is to find out whether you have a Right or Left Master eye. It is quite difficult to change your Master Eye but easier to learn how to use with your other hand, although it still takes time. So I think your Master Eye is your truly determines whether are you a lefty or righty.

QUIZ:
Q: What is a Right Handed Pen or Pencil? In other words what makes a pen or pencil right handed?
Answer: Most pens have labels or words. But for right handed pens they are printed with the orientation from left to right instead of top down. That means if you hold it on your right hand the words are the correct side. But if you hold it on your left hand the words appear upside down. Go take a look.
TO get the answer just highlight the above portion. The words are in white.

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am right handed,,,my son is right handed,,,but both of my girls are left handed.....

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bumpy

That seems confusing. But I always thought that to determine one's right dominance, what you need to do is to find out whether you have a Right or Left Master eye. It is quite difficult to change your Master Eye but easier to learn how to use with your other hand, although it still takes time. So I think your Master Eye is your truly determines whether are you a lefty or righty.
That's pretty interesting. I did a search to find out how you can determine which is your Master Eye. I'm right handed, but my left eye is my Master Eye. Weird!! Guess that explains why I pick up guitars, bats and golf clubs as though I was left handed! Here's a website that tells you how to determine which eye is your master (dominant) eye.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Left-handed for me. Left-handed scissors are great
. When the techie comes to work on my computer at work they always have to swap the mouse around to the other side of the pc as well
I'm the same way Beth, I use the mouse with my left and like you, the IT people always have to comment that my mouse is on the "wrong side". I know a few lefties that use their right-hand still... I cant do it.
Even drives me nuts at home when the kiddies change the side of the mouse. 7 people in our house - all righties but me. It's like putting the toilet seat down... I tell them they better remember to switch the mopuse around when they're done too

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

I'm right handed, but I can do some things left handed, but not very much.
I can barely even hold a fork with my right - oh yeah - it's a riot to see me eat steak and try to hold a knife too

About the only thing I do with my right - is bat - I bat right - or left - I'm a switch hitter. But I dont know if you count that...

Oh and pick my nose - I can do that with my right

gizmoe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a righty. My aunt is a lefty and she deals cards with her right hand, she said it was because her right handed father taught her how to deal them.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I knew there was a reason I liked you!
-and I thought the only thing I had going for me was my devilish charm and superhero physique.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmoe

I'm a righty. My aunt is a lefty and she deals cards with her right hand, she said it was because her right handed father taught her how to deal them.
I took the "dominant eye" test and found that my right eye was dominant although I am left-handed. So that prompted me to do a bit of research.

Your aunt is not unusual. Apparently it is quite normal for left-handed people to show a preference for using their right hand for some activities. Also, whilst the dominant eye and handedness often go together with right-handed people it is not inextricably linked and is less common for the two to be the same with left-handed people.