What Gives You Gas....

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks

I can drink the lactaid milk, in small quantities.

JB & Hydroaxe, I've been trying taking enzyme supplements from the health food store & that seems to help - my trouble started after taking extended doses of antibiotics & anti-inflammatory meds. Those are bad news for your digestive system, & it takes a while for your body to recover. The enzymes seem to help, and also there's some stuff called Actimel (in the yogurt section) that you can drink to restore your system after taking antibiotics, that seems to help me too.

Hubby, on the other hand, just seems to be that way naturally

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by tuxedokitties
Thanks

I can drink the lactaid milk, in small quantities.

JB & Hydroaxe, I've been trying taking enzyme supplements from the health food store & that seems to help - my trouble started after taking extended doses of antibiotics & anti-inflammatory meds. Those are bad news for your digestive system, & it takes a while for your body to recover. The enzymes seem to help, and also there's some stuff called Actimel (in the yogurt section) that you can drink to restore your system after taking antibiotics, that seems to help me too.

Hubby, on the other hand, just seems to be that way naturally
What are the name of the enzyme supplements? I could do with some, especially as I love cheese, etc.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your trouble is milk products, Lactaid makes enzyme tablets that work for some people - you take them with milk. They don't seem to work that well for me - the Lactaid milk works better. The enzymes I take are called 'optimum enzymes' from Bluebonnet, but honestly I think it doesn't really matter what brand they are - just go to a health-food store & ask, & compare prices. Also, there's a product called Beano that works great for beans & high-fiber foods...we can eat beans & not have to open the windows if we use it.