What "gifts" have your indoor-only cats brought you?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
maggie101 maggie101 I love the exchanges in the pictures. "Oh, look! A fly on the wall!" And then, "I can't reach it, can you? What do we do now?"

Norachan Norachan Remember when you thought the raccoon was some lovely Japanese creature? I have to run them off almost every time DH goes to his car at night. Sometimes, we have a standoff. So far, I've always won, and they reluctantly waddle away. And remember how my girls grew up as outdoor kittens from a feral mom and a stray mom? They learned to dunk things in water from those awful raccoons. Sally mostly keeps the tradition. Food, toys.

Kat0121 Kat0121 Adorable pics! So sweet. My girls had been playing with a lizard that somehow came in through the fireplace. Even though we had a screened top after the first lizard, a second still got in years later. I think they played with him until he was exhausted. I put him in a shoebox and poked holes in the top to let him rest for a few hours. Then I took him outside in a clay pot that had once contained my poor failed indoor cilantro and let him rest there. He was gone when DH checked.

My cats don't bring me anything. They steal from me! The dryer doesn't take my socks, Daisy does! Elsie likes to knock my belongings off the nightstand. My glasses have both been knocked off and stolen. When I finally got Silhouettes, I wised up and started keeping them in a case. They have a secret "lair" (a cat bed with a top) and I have found numerous of my valuables. Socks, pens.

And Elsie can completely take apart a pen. A Pilot pen! Now who would want to do that to me? :lol:

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have something new to add to this. Last night there must of been a cricket in my kitchen. I just call the cricket jiminy cricket and leave him alone. Well both Scooter & Casper decided they were going to find it. Scooter found it and decides to bring it to me! He sat it on my foot and before I could do anything Casper decided he wanted to eat it. Yup that was my night and that is my boys.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember when I had a stray mom and her 3 kittens. It was raining hard at night. One kitten had a dead rat in his mouth, I tried to pull it out by the tail but he wouldn't let go so I started to grab it and there was loud thunder and lightning. He immediately dropped it. I had nightmares!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
graycie likes to bring large bugs after they have been subdued i had a live Jerusalem cricket dumped onto me one morning a few years back while i was napping on the couch during the morning :lol:then theres roaches when she catches them she likes to run with em in her mouth then release em at gf or my feet so she can catch them again:lol:gf is able to kill em now even though she is disgusted by roaches:flail:pretty sure there would be dead lizards and mice if she were an outdoor cat

ReginaldElton

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Partially skinned alive baby bunny...gag. I made my husband deal with it and I was never told what he did nor do I ever want to know.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine are also indoor. Been presented with a kibble which I assumed was I need more food. I always gave her a bit more kibble and I am not sure if this was a mistake; as now I find the odd kibble in my bed, provided while I was sleeping I assume . Been brought a wet, googy catnip filled cloth mouse which I interpreted to be show me praise. After cleaning my pants and hands I of course gave her lots of praise.