What Else Can Help To Calm A Cat's Immune System?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cheeser cheeser , I personally think you are doing one heck of a bang-up job taking care of everything, and all of Buddy-baby's things and issues, and everything plus Buddy, and everything :thumbsup: :soldier: :lovecat4:
Thanks, hon. *hugs*

Bless his heart, Buddy has weathered so many storms these past five years, and just before Thanksgiving last year, we thought his nine lives had finally run out. We were so sure he wasn't going to make it, I went out and bought him his Christmas presents early so he could enjoy them in whatever time he had left. And by the grace of God, he's still here, and still enjoying his presents. :wink:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've tasted olive leaf powder. It's not terrible, but it is kind of potent and I can see why a cat would say "nope".
Buddy surprises me sometimes, and will tolerate some things much better than I had expected. But OLE isn't one of them. ;)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy surprises me sometimes, and will tolerate some things much better than I had expected. But OLE isn't one of them. ;)
One of my cats one day ate an olive. A green olive. They made a horrible face but got it down.
Why they made a terrible face while tasting but decided to eat it anyway will always be beyond my scope of understanding, haha!!
I hope you can find something that will help him out. He sounds like a sweetie.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats one day ate an olive. A green olive. They made a horrible face but got it down.
Why they made a terrible face while tasting but decided to eat it anyway will always be beyond my scope of understanding, haha!!
I hope you can find something that will help him out. He sounds like a sweetie.
The funny thing is that our other cat goes absolutely bonkers over green olives. Oscar can be in a sound sleep on the other side of the house, and will practically have his head in the jar before I can finish unscrewing the lid. I read somewhere that it's like catnip for some cats. I guess the leafy part isn't quite as pleasant. :lol:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm dying of happy because I'm very glad my cats aren't the only ones that go nuts over green olives!!!!!!!
When baby girl was a wee thing she leaped onto my lap and ATTACKED the salad I had for lunch, I mean ATTACKED, and ran off with lettuce leaves. The crazy cat stole lettuce and has a weird fetish for feta cheese (any cheese really) and ANY kind of olive.
Dining on a salad in this house requires a weapon.
I figured my cats were weird and probably emotionally damaged.
They also love melon and cucumber but I hear that's more normal...
Please tell me it's normal.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm dying of happy because I'm very glad my cats aren't the only ones that go nuts over green olives!!!!!!!
When baby girl was a wee thing she leaped onto my lap and ATTACKED the salad I had for lunch, I mean ATTACKED, and ran off with lettuce leaves. The crazy cat stole lettuce and has a weird fetish for feta cheese (any cheese really) and ANY kind of olive.
Dining on a salad in this house requires a weapon.
I figured my cats were weird and probably emotionally damaged.
They also love melon and cucumber but I hear that's more normal...
Please tell me it's normal.
Oscar said that's perfectly normal. He absolutely adores leafy greens, the darker the better. When I make a salad for myself, I have to make him a little salad, too, or he'll have his head in my bowl in no time!

On the plus side, they're rich in antioxidants, which is good for a kitty's immune system. Unfortunately, the wrong cat is eating them! :crackup: