What does your cat smell like?

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mikey smells like dry cat food sometimes. I dont know if when no one is looking he rolls around in it or what but since he is a very very clean boy he really doesnt smell all that much.

Stewie smells stale...like the inside of an old closet.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Puff now smells like strawberries. And no, I didn't attempt a bath yet. I'm in no hurry to get my eyes scratched out..lol. But I forgot I have some pet cologne. So that's what he smells like now.
a little musky. Not a bad smell but just musky. That's the best way I can describe it. Someetimes she smells like her litter, a little perfumy.

Also while I'm here, I still don't know if I'm posting correctly, if I'm doing this wrong, please let me know.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Molly smells like my raspberry chapstick. I love giving her kisses. Ben smells like Lucky's bad breath & Lucky smells like kitty.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

does anyone else's cat give them a wierd look when they went to smell them?

Duke looked at me like I was an idiot.
He's probably saying that you are sniffing the wrong end.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't notice what they smell like, except Cappy. He smells like watermelon handsoap. Very purdy smelling

I don't know if it's because he has longer hair, that the smell sticks to it longer, but when I pick him up to give him kisses, I always smell it.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spud has a clean smell, like fresh spring air. Siam has a musky smell that I just love. I love to bury my nose in his fur. It's funny, cuz I had this conversation with my SIL a couple of weeks ago. She was complaining about how their dogs smelled even after they bathed them. I told her to get cats cuz mine smell so yummy. All. The. Time. Yup...cats just smell GOOD!!!

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Karma smelled like warm milk when she first came to lice with us. Now she smells like musk mixed with sawdust. My hasband decided to start building skateboards in the house. The sanding is very dusty. She loves to help and be in the middle. So she smells like it.

In reference to a post in Health. I thought the sanding was the cause but he has been doing it for a few months and she never had a problem.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Due to my boys being such avid outsiders, they normally smell of whatever substance they have been rolling in!!!!

Ben has a particular fondness for the pond opposite the house (he goes to chase the frogs!!) and often comes home with long brown muddy 'stockings' and smelling of the stuff he has been paddling in!!!!

Currently they all smell of cat food - we have all just had breakfast, and their current favourite is a very pungent combination of sardines and tuna. The whole kitchen smells of it!!!

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pepper and Pixie both have this smell...I don't really know how to describe it...

It's a clean, "warm" smell. I know that if I need a pick-me-up I just bury my nose in their fur and I automatically feel better...