What does your cat lick?

crimmie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi :wavey:

Crimmie is a licker. Walls, cabinets, cabinet handles, windows, window cills, wood frames, stove burners (her favorite), ceramic tile...
Oh, and Pop Tarts :lol3:
Tell me she isn't the only freak cat out there!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Mine likes metal.  Laptop computer, remote control, iPhone--or maybe it's the salt from our hands on those things.  I don't know.  I even had blood work done at the vet to make sure it wasn't some nutrient deficiency making her seek out extra minerals, but no.  She's perfectly healthy--just weird!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crimmie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe she's just trying to clean things up for you :lol3:

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine loves Bleach. Whenever I clean the bathrooms, using bleach, she tries to lick it. After I'm done, I thoroughly wash my hands, and Nora will grab my hands and start licking, with gust-o!!. It's the weirdest thing!! I close the bathroom doors  now after I'm done cleaning, or she'll lick everything.

2bcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amber's favorites were plastic bags.  If we came home from Target or the grocery store she had to come to the bags and start licking.  That probably wasn't good for her!  With the current kitties I've caught I think Poppet doing this a few times, or maybe both of them at some time or other.  Can't remember for sure.

My favorite Amber licking behavior though was she would lick the condensation from the side of my cold drink.  I think the aluminum cans were the most favored (I used to have a really heavy Diet Pepsi habit and it tasted best out of the cans, so for many of her years that was my most common drinking vessel) but also a plastic or glass bottle would work, or a drinking glass.  Or the one time when I managed to get a video, it was a plastic Starbucks cup.

Every once in a while now I get a Coke Zero and of course I had to get one like this in her memory. ;-)

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the more apt question in my home is, What doesn't she lick? :eek:
Anything in Her Territory is fair game!