what does your cat go nuts over?

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They love toilet paper, paper towels, the printer (yep, when something's printing Molly has to run to it and sometimes bats at the paper coming out), bottle caps, jingly balls, feather sticks, rubber bands, bits of paper, shoelaces, anything else that jungles or is small enough to bat around, including things that have caused me to freak out and immediately confiscate. They love bags and boxes, too.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My crew will play with...well...anything that is laying around. They aren't picky...bottle caps, dust balls, the dogs tail..anything that moves they are on it.

The cutest thing I have ever seen though is my MIL's cat. She is normally very shy and laid back. In fact we normally don't see her when we go over. Unless you have any change and put it on the counter. She hears that she will come running! Needless to say, those pennies are lost for ever! First, they get batted around, then somehow she gets them in her mouth (after she's done chasing them all over) and carries them one by one to her litter box...where she buries them! I think she was a pirate in her previous life!

*ummm...MIL DOESN'T collect the change shen she scoops the box...not yet anyway!*

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Matilda - catnip

Chloe - shoelaces, feet, treats, wires

hank_n_angel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both my cats go crazy over hay and grass. Like if one of them is laying on the table and I walk by with a box full for the Guinea Pigs they will run after me to try to get it, I dont let them have any though. They also go crazy if I bring a hand full of grass into the Guinea Pigs, that they do get a bit of. Hank goes crazy if he sees the Hamster out but doesnt even notice her if she is in her cage. They go some mouses for Christmas that they went crazy over, they kept un-wrapping them.

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine tend to go nuts for almost anything! If it moves,they want it! Benji also really likes my tongue barbell! If I stick it out of my mouth,he jumps up and tries to get it!

They also love balls,those furry mice,toys on strings...etc!
Oh and treats! You cannot even move the package without both of them running in!

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to tell students once that my cats ate THEIR homework. I was able to grade it, but just barely. This was when my cats were kittens, I left things to grade on the kitchen table, and the cats pushed the papers onto the floor, chewed them, and they got wet (maybe in water bowls? I don't remember).

My now, Artemis goes crazy when reflections dance around the wall. Oddly, Artemis doesn't like the laser pointer as much as Athena. But reflections she loves. She also loves living things; insects in the house and staring at birds and mammals outside.

Athena doesn't really go crazy about "prey" items, although she does play.

mishkas mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wine corks and beer caps. She will bat them around for HOURS!! I knew my wine cork collection would come in handy someday!!
too bad there are probably about 300 corks/bottle caps under the stove by this point....

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pretty much caps of any kind they love to bat around and play with.

Also, the sound of the can opener
My kitty is hoping it is chicken soup, his favorite. He gives me a funny look if he discovers that it's just a can of green beans of something

He also loves packing peanuts. And all my cats have to come and sniff any new package that enters the house.

Juzon loves to lick the ends of cardboard and other odd materials. She also chews on loafs of bread, so we have to keep them up in the cupboard out of reach