What does your cat do when you are in the shower?

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sara lays on the toilet and 'keeps watch'... but she is not very good, i peek around the shower curtain sometimes to find her snoozing away.....

as soon as the water turns off she is up on the side meowing really loud and trying to rub against my legs, i havent quite yet figured out what she wants when she is doing this... she is such a sweetie pie though, maybe she is just happy to see that the big water monster didnt take me away

kathryn41

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lion and Bear enjoy being in the bathroom when either of us showers. Bear is laid back and sits on the laundry hamper keeping guard:-), but Lion is enthralled. We have a glass shower door, so he spends most of either of our shower s stretched up on the door pawing at the water drops as they slide down the door. I 'play' with him through the glass by making pictures in the steam on the door and he tries to catch my fingers. He then bats at the shapes until they steam over again. Whenever I get out, he goes in to investigate the inside of the shower stall, then comes out and leaves the room (VBG).
Bear then takes over and jumps up on the counter while I brush my teeth and dry my hair. I have to share my brushing time with him as he thinks he needs to be brushed at the same time:-).

Kathryn
Kathryn

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cirque

I have seen some nimble cats in my day... but how the heck did your cat get upto the top of the door?!?!?!?!! My Lord... that is a wild picture considering!
I agree!! That is a GREAT picture!! but

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sierra accompanies me to the shower every single night. She hops up on the counter as soon as we go in the BR. Sometimes she'll just sit there during my shower, other times she'll lie down for a little nap. She often sits and talks to me while I'm in the shower, and occassionally she'll play let's knock everything off the counter one by one or, my personal favorite, shred the toilet tissue roll!
My sweet baby girl!

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Malakai will sit on the sink and watch or he'll stand just outside the shower door and try to get at the water droplets... Then once I'm done.. he jumps into the shower and plays in the water...

He also tried to get into my panties or on my lap when I'm using the toilet... either that or he'll jump onto the counter, walk across my back to the window sill and jump up onto the shower doors... Then he'll sit there and wait for me to help him down because he can't get down by himself... LoL

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Stinkie is in the bathroom with me every single time I take a shower. I'd be lonely in there without him
. Depending on what kind of mood he is in he will either get up against the shower curtain and peek around at me, or he will get somewhere and wash himself while I am washing myself - and he stops when I turn the water off
. And he really loves it when I bring out my wet hand and pet him, getting him wet - which is odd. He starts purring when I do that. And usually, when I first go into the bathroom, he positions himself halfway in the sink and stares at me and the faucet, waiting on me to put a little water in it for him to drink on while we are in there. I love that cat! He's my baby boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Missy&SpikesMom

OMG!! Missy will NOT leave me alone! And since she pushes the door open, to the bathroom it gets COLD in that darn bathroom!!!!!!
Kitties..........
HEY!!!!!!! It gets cold even with a heater on! LOL!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbsolutChaos

Rishi, like a typical Bengal, enjoys water, so whenever the shower's running, he's sitting on the edge of the tub, peeking around the shower curtain at us.
Rishi also has a fascination with the toilet bowl. He watches it as though hypnotized, every time it flushes. We're still waiting for the day when he falls in...
Benji is a SPOTTED Tabby but at times I wonder if he has Bengal in him. He is extremly ACTIVE, loves water, and BOY can he jump! He goes out with a harness and leash on but that does not keep him from jumping over the fence and onto neighbors roofs or from wiggling out of the harness! He ALSO LOVES to play in the toilet, and in the sink AND with the TP! The other day I had just opened a new roll of TP and it was not on the roller yet so he swatted it into the sink and chewed on it there!

Benji playing IN the toilet

Benji says “Take THAT you old TP roll!â€

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Dori does this:

That is the bathroom door and it is just high enough that she can see over the shower curtain
OH how adorable! Oooops! I better not let Benji see that! HE climbs over enough fences and USED to climb to the top of the doors. Still DOES love to "fly" from the wall (short one) to the entertainment system and from the kitty post to the Fridge! LOL!
Benji says “How do I get down from here?â€

dinahcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a great thread. I love reading everyone's stories.

Dinah always has to be with me when I take a bath. She doesnt care for the shower, but the bath, she loves. She will sit on the ledge of the tub or walk around it untill I am done. She is getting more uninhibited with the water each time I take a bath instead of shower. At first, she didnt want the water to touch her.. but the other day, she had her tail resting IN the water, and was dipping her paws into it. And when I drain the water, she will sit up, and stare at it draining, and once it is drained, she will go in to investigate.
I just love
my girl!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, not a shower story, but bathroom related...
Cable's been coming into the bathroom & raising up on her back paws so i can pet her face (Mouse
also used to do this!) one evening, she actually jumped into my pants, went down my pants leg (cotton knit, stretchy!) & out the bottom... she looked rather confused
afterwards!

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toes sits on the side of the tub and opens the shower curtain to watch the crazy human getting weight. Although when he was little he LOVED water and used to take baths with me. He also sits on the side of the tub and splashes the water when I take a bath so he gets my books all wet. There is no closing the door on the bathroom when he's around because he will cry if he's in or out. The door MUST be open. Then when you get out of the tub after you wash up, he loves to attack a wet ankle. I've learned to drape the towel around my leg so he doesn't see my ankle.

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Onyx will stand on top of the shower door rail and make sure you aren't hurt. If you take a bath with the shower doors closed he will cry and pace the room because he gets worried about you. It is so cute! I don't know if he is really worried, but thats what it seems like to me.

cat man steve

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Kitties wait for me to get out of the shower and then they all dive in there and try to drink the water around the drain hole. Its really gross :p

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hummm what a question...
... Milky hates the water, but he likes the sound of the shower, and he never loose one "sesion" of bath, he stay sit on the cover of the toilet and try too catch some drops of water....

I believe, on the bottom he think ¿why those people don´t take a bath like I (Using your tongue)??????