What does she want??!?!?

amythyst

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

So, I have a 3-4 month old kitten (male), an 8 year old female and a 10 year old Siamese male.  My question is about my 8 year old female.  At least I think she's 8... I got her from a shelter earlier this year and I believe she was a stray because they didn't really have any information on her.  She is just a black kitty.  So, she is very sweet but she is driving us crazy. 

She does this thing where she will just cry at us.  Ok, powers of deduction kitty is either 1. hungry 2. wants attention or 3. hey you clean my dirty litterbox.

But she wants none of these things....

When she starts crying I will go up to her and be like "what you want sweety?" and she gets excited and then takes off running.  If you follow her she will stop and then when you catch up to her she will run off again.  So, powers of deduction again... she will lead me to where she can show me what she wants! :D  Negatory!  *grrr*

She never really runs anywhere that will show me what she wants.  She will run to her cat post and jump up to the top of it where I assume she wants attention and I will pet her and love on her... but soon after the crying will start again.  The other places she will take you to are a chair and a window sill.  I do believe before she was with us (as I said was a stray) she was an outdoor cat.  She loves to just sit in the window and stare out constantly.  She also used to try to escape out the front door if it was open but I guess she has sort of reserved herself that we aren't letting her out.

Could she just be crying that she wants outside?  Its the only thing I can think of... she isn't sick or anything and has a normal healthy routine.  She seems to prefer eating dry food and has a terrible addiction to cat treats! :D  We do play with her when she wants and give her affection but she actually doesn't seem to like us much.

She will not under any circumstances lay in our (me or my husband) laps or let us hold her.  She will come lay "near" us and allow us to pet her but doesn't really seem to want much to do with us.  Now, when we have guests come over... she jumps in their laps and sits with them and loves on them.  She's especially fond of my mom's boyfriend.

Does this cat hate us?!?  I'm not going to give her away or anything but I just feel bad that I have no idea what she wants and that it seems she doesn't like us.  With my other cats, if they cry at me I know exactly what they want.  With her... I'm stumped. :(

lokimonster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
While I can't speculate why she could be meowing at you, it might be worth taking her to to vet for a check up. My stepmom had an cat who was healthy but she would always howl, especially at night. She took the cat to the vet and found out she had something wrong, (for the life of me I can't remember what the issue was) they got it all sorted out and she stopped howling.