What does he look like? Advice?

linkthegreat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alright I come to you guys with a few questions just trying to get some perspective here. First one being what type of cat he looks like. The only background I have on him is that his dad is a large orange tabby who was found on a college campus and his mother is a grey tabby, not exactly sure the breed or anything besides that. He is 15 weeks old and 5.5lbs. Second question being I am an ex livestock trainer turned actor and a few people have told me I should start training him for acting. By the looks of him, if you were in a position to hire him, would you? I know I can train him to do what he needs I just want to know if you think it would be worth it. Here are some pictures of him. Thank you so much! His name is Link.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He has the looks of a rather typical shorthaired domestic, mackerel tabby.  These spots on the tummy doenst make him into a spotted tabby, its a rather common trait with mackerel and classic tabbies.  The spots must be on the body to count.

If you think there is use for typical tabbies to do actoring, yes train him...   But if you hope he is really some sort of spotted tabby - nay.    :)

But, if he is friendly, easy going, so training for animal assisted therapy.  Its not only dying oldies, autistic children, and people with rheutmaism.  But it may also be athletes with stress related skeleton fractures, whom would need a friendly cat whom is willing to lay on them on the fracture site, and be happily purring...

Say, cooperate with the local american fotboll team and the  Cheerleading team cooperating with them... Huh?

It may even be money if this, if he is good.

Last edited:

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with Stefanz, It's a beautiful Domestic Shorthair, mackerel tabby.

He is so cute! I love mackerel tabby's!