What do your cat's do with plastic grocery bags?

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alright so what do your cats do when they find or see a plastic bag? Because I know all cats react differently.

Willie LOVES them. I keep telling him "Willie, I thought we had an agreement. YOu don't eat plastic bags when mommy says no!"
Actually, this morning, Willie was so into one, chewing on it, but I'm assuming they could suffucate from them, so I try not to let him! And then, just now, as I was typing this thread, he goes over to our mini garbagecan, and starts chewing on the plastic bag in that!

Fuzzball could CARE LESS about them. It's like she doesn't even know they are there.

And Tiena, he was SOOOO afraid of them. If you picked up, adn it crionckled, he would just run out of the room like a little fraidy cat.

So what do your cats do about plastic bags?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia hates the sound of bags, and especially trash bags. She ignores them if they aren't making noise.

Trent licks them when he's not feeling well and is about to throw up a hairball. He doesn't chew on them though.

So far, Ginger doesn't even know they exist even if one is right in front of her. I guess they don't hold any fascination with her.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Quill plows into them because he likes the crinkle sound, walks all over them, sleeps in them, plays hide and seek, chews on them (but I take them away), rolls around in them, washes himself in them. He'll be doing his daily races and when he sees bags he'll skid into them. He's not too sure about going IN them though. However one day I caught him inside a body bag from the cleaners ... silly boy

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are full of something, i.e., I have just come in from shopping, then Ginger must fully investigate. However, I use them to scoop the poop into, and so the kitties know that when they are empty, they are for scooped poop, and they don't bother with them.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenzie, Isabella, Abilene, and Velvet all try to pounce them and play with them....Jasmine just tries to eat them
lol....which is exactly why they go up as soon as I unload the groceries!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mosi climbs in them, chews them, pounces on them.... he loves them! I cut the handles so that he can't get stuck in them and let him have his play. They keep him amused for a long time.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Roxy has an odd fascination with them. I catch her all the time playing with them, in them, trying to catch them in mid air, its a cheap toy for her. Kricket is at the stage where all sorts of plastic taste good so of course she gets those few minutes where she plays in them and then lays down on them and tries to eat them and tha's when i have to take them away. I'll never understand the fascination with them though

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours love to investigate, then play with them. Our littlest ones will even get inside and go for a ride around the house. I always take them over to hubby and show him what they gave us at the store - free kitties!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocket likes the bags from the store. He licks them and tries to run off with them.Twig doesn't give a hoot about them. The girls run when they hear Rocket with a bag running about the house. They don't like the crinkling sound.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kuce could care less about them now. She used to hide from them when we first adopted her.

Lil' Jag is also indifferent.

Luvbug though, he hides from them anytime he hears them. He's fine if they aren't making noise......

buckyoda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need help! I keep my plastic bags in one gigantic plastic bag, Yoda just loves them and Bucky will play with them occasionally. Well I had the pantry door open Sunday morning and they got into them, Bucky got one of the handles around his neck and managed to get his left paw in there too, Yoda thought he was playing and chased him around. I know that Bucky was in a panic but Yoda thought he was playing. Bucky now growls at Yoda and the growling and hissing go back and forth, I hate seeing these two brothers"16" months go at it like this. I have tried separating them by putting food, litter and water in another room to give them a time out. This does not seem to be helping, does anyone know how long it will take to get these to brothers to get along again?

It is breaking my heart to see this, not to mention I can not sleep listening to the meowing going on back and forth through the door.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
neither of my cats could care less about plastic bags. Unless I have garbage in them that's tempting for Monet. Then he'd eat the bag to get the left overs inside!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep plastic bags away from my cats.  Moose once got caught in the handle of one and ran around the house as of the "hounds of hell" were on his heels,  trying to get the the bag off of him. Rocky chased him and Moose soon forgot about the bag and thought Rocky was trying to attack him.  A vicious fight ensued and I ended up having to separate and reintroduce them over a two week period. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep them stored away. But, when I get home from the grocery store, Walden comes a runnin'. He loves it when I put him in a bag and carry him around for a little. He thinks that is so much fun. He loves to try to curl up inside the bags and hide. Then he does a sneak attack when someone walks by :lol3:

aeevr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stick their head thru the handle hole and freak the **** out.

Cagney wet herself as she was running full speed around the house trying to escape her plastic bag cape.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think plastic bags should be kept out of reach of cats, especially if they love chewing them.  Seems to me they could get a blockage if they swallow that stuff.