What do your cats do to get your attention in the morning?

shaunx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ya pierre just makes Meaowwwwwww noise till he find the milk box filled.

Regards,
Shaun

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wesley likes to get ontop of the head board and jump off onto my stomache! He does it almost every morning. He usually does it when he wants something! Sox lays by my face and licks it or bats me with her paws until I open my eyes or rol over. Then if I move she begins to purr quite loud!

pikate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ahhaha, I've loved reading the above stories!

When I first got them, mine used to wake me up between 4 and 5 am every day through a double-teaming purr event: Alex would start by curling up on the pillow smashed against my face and Evie would follow by sitting almost entirely on top of the top of my head. Then they would purr as loudly as their little bodies would allow. The funny thing is, I sleep so hard that my boyfriend was usually the one to wake up first!

Now they're both pretty good. Alex licks my nose, but that's so cute I don't mind
After I pet his head for a minute he curls up and goes to sleep with me. Evie waits for the alarm clock and then immediately jumps up to say good morning.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
When meowing, running across us, and patting my face doesn't work, Jamie sticks his front paw in my mouth. That's very effective!

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heh.. actually, and surprisingly, Niko tries /not/ to wake me up. He doesn't meow when I'm asleep, or even if he thinks I'm asleep. Some mornings he'll jump on the bed and cuddle up against me, but he usually joins me and purrs himself to sleep. Once, I was kinda-sorta already awake, but I wanted to just lie there, and he carefully got up on the bed, walked behind me (I sleep on my side) and leaned over my neck to peek at my face- staring to see if I was gonna move or something. When he was satisfied that I was asleep, he curled up behind my knees and groomed himself. *giggles*

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beauty will sit at the bottom of the stairs (she doesn't like coming upstairs) and keep watch until I come downstairs at 8am.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley doesn't bother me until the alarm goes off. I hit the snooze and that is his cue to start getting me up
He starts swatting at my cell phone charger cord that is plugged in next to my bed and swatting around this little beaded string attached to something on my dresser which seems to always be hanging over the edge in the mornings somehow..

Once I get up he follows me into the bathroom and sits on the edge of the tub between the shower curtains during my shower. Once I get out, he does his best to trip me going down the stairs and races into the kitchen for his breakfast, which he will them promptly turn his nose up at. Then he sits next to me, trying to dip his paws in my cereal bowl while I eat my breakfast. Once I'm done, he gets one lick of milk then goes back to eat his own breakfast while I go upstairs to get dressed.

That is our morning routine

dolcetta46

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by steffie

i'm glad they dont do this.......
My Oliver is pretty much like that, except that he doesn't need a baseball bat, he would just sit right on top of my face which can be equally deadly!!

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nimbus is such a good kitten! He tends to go to sleep and wake up whenever I do. Sometimes, if I sleep in later than usual, he will walk up beside my head and start purring and licking my face. Then, once I'm up, he'll follow me around quietly until I feed him. It's so cute, I love him.

-Kristen

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Namine is usually the one to wake me up in the morning. It usually starts at 4:30 or 5:30 in the morning. She very lightly scratches on the door frame, not enough to leave marks, but to be very very annoying. She does it on and off for awhile until someone gets up to feed her and Kairi.
Your kitties are so cute and I love that they have pretty names from Kingdom Hearts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beturtlement

Heh.. actually, and surprisingly, Niko tries /not/ to wake me up.
Any chance you wanna trade cats?

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
patchy slaps me across the face and yowls until i gegt up to feed her. if i make the mistake of going potty first, she comes in the bathroom and jumps in my lap, yowling and slapping me. about a yr ago, i put the pillow over my head and pretended i was still sleeping. she stuck her head under the pillow and realized i was awake, so she straddled my pillow and tried to suffocate until i HAD to get up

chloe is pretty good about letting me sleep.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taco and Lilly are really the only ones that wake me up. Lilly will walk around the room howling as loudly as she can. If that doesn't get my attention, she will jump on me and rub against my face until I get up and feed her. Taco wakes me up by either licking/biting my hair, or "petting" my face and ear.

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
Loud purring in ear or face while wet nose touches me normally on my eyelids, then the paw comes up and touches any skin showing, if I roll over face down and bury my head he pushes his paw under me to find skin, if I still ignore him he uses his claws in a gentle manor, and then he will start to meow and purr even louder,

The other morning I awoke with mellows head on my pillow next to mine and his paw in my hand, I guess he must have been trying to wake me up and in my sleepy state I just held onto his paw LOL

If our alarm clock goes off, Mellow runs at it, and meows, if we turn it off and stay in bed it he continues to meow very loudly!

Meloow wakes us up even if he has food and water, he just wants to play, once we are moving around the bedrooom he sits and meows at our closet door which is where da bird is kept until we open it and let him pull out the toy lol

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Kitty is hungry ( when isn`t he?! ) he jumps up and meows really loudly right in my ear

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sohni employs all of the same moves. Usually he'll start by laying on the pillow above my head, and knead with his claws into my scalp. If that doesn't work he'll maneuver his body as close to my face as possible and reach out to touch my cheek. If I haven't kept up with claw clipping this actually hurts. Following this he'll lay on my arm, flip himself upside down and purr as loud as he possibly can. The silly cat won't move when I do get up however, he just lays in between me and the edge of the bed looking at me until I physically pick him up and dump over the edge of the bed so I can get up.

whiskers151

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Greta will lick my face and rub her head in my beard. Misty lays down on me, regardless of the position I am sleeping in, and stares at me and does the occasional meow.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nimbus

Your kitties are so cute and I love that they have pretty names from Kingdom Hearts!
Haha thanks! When my boyfriend got Kairi, he loved Kingdom Hearts so he named her after the character. When we moved in together and got Namine, he knew he wanted to name her after another character. I love their names. Their cute and unique names, not names that other people have.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I sleep in to late for our cats, most of them are good and don't make a big stink out of it. Jazz on the other hand, will rattle the door and meow until I get up and feed them all. My RB baby, Marbles, would at 5:30 in the morning sit on my chest and purr loudly and doing a "brrrr" sound until I paid attention to him. Man, I miss him SOOOOOO much.