What do your cats do to get you out of bed?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie has found a surefire method of waking me up - he sticks a paw in my mouth. He finds that much more effective than the face pats he used when he was younger.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely nothing - my girls would much prefer to snuggle in bed with us, and Smudge in particular will cuddle as long as we're in bed.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My domestics pretty much leave me alone, they like snuggling in the bed, so they tend to let me sleep. If any of the bobcats stay inside for the night, that is a different story. In the early morning, they want to eat. They will run and jump all over the bed. I have gotten used to it, but Amber will make sure I get up and I do not ignore her. If I do, she will pee on me. Yep, you read it right, she will pee on me, usually on the shoulder. So when she gets jumping on the bed, I get up

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

My domestics pretty much leave me alone, they like snuggling in the bed, so they tend to let me sleep. If any of the bobcats stay inside for the night, that is a different story. In the early morning, they want to eat. They will run and jump all over the bed. I have gotten used to it, but Amber will make sure I get up and I do not ignore her. If I do, she will pee on me. Yep, you read it right, she will pee on me, usually on the shoulder. So when she gets jumping on the bed, I get up
And I thought hacking up on me was bad...

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats never wake me up when I wake up there all snuggled in the covers sound asleep. now the dog he always wakes me up by 7:15..usually he jumps up on the bed all 95 pounds of him..

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amazingly enough, none of my 12 cats will wake me, but then they have dry food all the time so breakfast is not in their repertoire
Even my dog will not wake me up! He once stayed in bed with me for 20 hours when I had the flu. If he had needed to go potty of course I would have gotten up and let him out, but he didn't move

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

I have gotten used to it, but Amber will make sure I get up and I do not ignore her. If I do, she will pee on me. Yep, you read it right, she will pee on me, usually on the shoulder. So when she gets jumping on the bed, I get up
I'll take a paw in my mouth over that any day!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh Man I'm just trying to imagine the amount of pee from a bobcat. I think I'd get up too if I knew I was going to get peed on!

Levi & Maggie, just wait for the others to wake me up. Isaac will attack Levi, which he knows upsets me & wakes me up.

Jordan well let's see, he will walk back & forth stepping on my hair. He will walk on my bladder, he will knock things off the dresser, or walls, he plays with my wind chime, he attacks Maggie. If none of this works, he eventually gives up, curls up next to my head and starts purring. Then I'm late for work. I think he figures it's pay back for not getting up when he wanted me to.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Sho was young he would walk/stand on DH... it was a very rude awakening if anyone gets what I mean.

When Tomas was younger he would walk across me repeatedly then start knocking things off the nightstand. He even knocked a couple of glasses over - one half full and the other empty but very heavy glass. The half full one landed beside me and the empty one landed on my head. There was no way to sleep through those incidents.

Siri and Sherman came to me as 2+ year olds, they were already cats that preferred to sleep in - if I can even get Siri out of bed at all in the morning.

Everyone has stopped it now. Who knows what the kittens will do as they tame down and get run of the house...

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our bedroom is off limits to kitties because my husband is a tad allergic, and we thought it just would be easiest to have pillows as a cat-free safe zone.
I didn't get in the habit of feeding Batman (our 7 month old kitty) immediately in the morning, so he hasn't learned to be a door meower first thing.

What he DOES do though is take a toy up to outside our door and play with it, very loud. This usually doesn't start though until he hears us waking up. He'll throw himself against the door playing, making all kinda of racket. Then he'll take the mouse and push it under the door - he puts his paws under the door, trying to fish for it, but eventually it gets pushed too far. When I'm getting ready for bed at night when he does this, I do pick it up, open door, throw it down the stairs for him (our bedroom is right by the top of the stairs), and we play fetch for a while before I go to bed for real.
He loves it.

Usually when I am done in the shower, I have a cat toy or too waiting for me that he pushed in under the door. It's really cute.

(Just to be clear, he gets plenty of loving from us - he just is not around us during sleepy time!)

clowangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
...Absolutely nothing.

When I first got him a few months ago, he was extremely excited about food at all times of the day. I suspect it was because he didn't know his new feeding schedule yet. At the first sign of my waking, he'd hop off the window or wherever he was and land directly on me, literally knocking the wind out of me. So of course I'd get up and feed him.

Nowadays, he does absolutely nothing. He'll only come over to greet me when he is 100% sure I'm awake and ready to join the world of the living. And by 100% sure, I mean I have to actually say something like, "Sho, I'm awake. You can come here now." Only then will he come over for some purring and snuggling before we both get up to get him some breakfast.

Otherwise, he'll stare at me wide-eyed and curious even if I'm sitting up and checking the time on my cellphone. I could get up, walk over to my desk, check the time, go back to bed, and he won't bug me because he's not sure if I'm going to stay awake. And it doesn't matter WHAT time it is. It could be 7AM, it could be 2PM.

Now... if my younger sister is home, that's an entirely different story. He doesn't care if he wakes her up to feed him. He'll walk right over and start purring and rubbing against her. Of course, this wakes me up too because she'll end up talking to him (we share a bedroom, and I'm a very light sleeper). So I will usually groan and complain, and this will alert him to the fact that, "Mom's awake!" and he'll ignore her and hop onto my chest and lay down with eyes half-closed purring away. Let me tell you, my sister gets extremely jealous. ^^;

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My JuneBug will crawl up on my head and start kneading me in the head, sometimes she will even meow at me, or knibble on me, lick me. When I push her away she comes right back!! The others really dont do too much to get us up but meow.
Usually to get back at Bug, I just kiss her or make her cuddle with me, she isnt much of a cuddler

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh that one's simple, if I'm not when she wants me to be she just jumps around on the bed and on my chest/face or if I'm laying on my stomach she'll sit on my back, lol.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Oh Man I'm just trying to imagine the amount of pee from a bobcat. I think I'd get up too if I knew I was going to get peed on!
I'll never forget the first time she did this. I was in bed, on vacation. I remember thinking, I want to sleep in and they will just have to wait a little bit longer to get fed. The next thing I knew, Amber walked up to me and then I felt this warm feeling that suddenly turned cold and wet
Amber looked at me as if she said, you are up now aren't you

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two that would sleep all morning, then there is Jack--the pain in my butt.

Jack begins usually at 6AM unless I get lucky and he holds out until 6:30 or its the weekend and I fed him later in the evening, I might get 7 or 7:30 out of him.

He starts meowing and walking around our room and if I leave the closet open he plays in there knowing I'll get up. Or he'll run across the bed on our pillows (hard to sleep through that). He also goes behind the bed and plays with the cords that run to our lamps on our nightstands, because he knows I have no way of getting to him back there.

Usually I can get out of bed and walk to the hall and they will all run out there, then I go back in the room and shut them in the hall. But Jack is on to me and this morning he hid under the bed and wouldn't leave.

I've decided to invent earplugs that have an alarm in them, so I can still use them to block cat noises, but still wake up for work in the morning.

Leslie

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasmine let me sleep, Maggs on the other hand is very demanding
. My girl Maggs starts with a gentle swat on my nose or cheek If I say 5 more minutes she will start to kiss/lick my face including right over my lips, my face and once even my eyelid!!!

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mikey pretends to be barfing if he wants me to get up. Half the time he sits on me and makes his barfing sound...of course I wake up right away! Something about that sound = fast reaction.

kittymommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cole gently licks my eyes. Gabe meows and wallers very loudly along with clawing whatever part of me is not under the covers ... head, shoulder, hand, stomach, etc. I wake up some mornings with several scratches on my hand, which I must deduce was when he wanted me to wake up and I didn't.

musicalbookworm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Marmalade is the only one who tries to wake me. She pats my nose and purrs. If that doesn't work she starts nibbling on my fingers. The food dish is often not empty! She just wants me to come out to the kitchen. Then I can go back to bed.