What do you wear?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work for a pretty big software company and their dress code is pretty casual which is nice!

Today I'm wearing jeans, a white singlet, and a blue shirt over that with my favourite comfy shoes. It's so nice to not have to dress up!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My office is extremely casual, so much so to the point where so women wear sweatsuits to work
I don't quite go that casual, but I usually wear jeans and whatever clean shirt is on top of the pile

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours is pretty lax...in the winter most people where jeans and a sweatshirt (or flannel shirt) around here.
I set my own standards by dressing business casual for the week and jeans on Friday. Not really because of habit, but more for professionalism. I'm suppose to be a manager so I figure I should dress the part.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a strict dress code. I wear jeans and a nice top most days. I will wear a skirt on occasion. I see a lot of customers so I try to be presentable most days.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeans and sneakers, unless I have to go to the main office, then it is strictly business attire.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my firm, it's business M-TH, and then business casual on Friday. But the business attire doesn't always have to be a suit. Today I have on black gouchos, with a black & white knit top with white stitching, pearls, and black & white heels. (I did try to take a pic with my black & white kitty this morning, and she wanted no parts of it....) You can wear sleeveless, but no tanks or straps, and no shorts or flip flops. Fridays you can wear jeans (no holes) and tops, but no logos. So I'll wear a nice pair of jeans/capris with strappy heels and either a button up blouse, or a casual top. (In the winter, I can wear my Uggs, and that's all that matters!!!
)

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My work is slightly more casual than business casual, but jeans and sweatpants are definitely not allowed. Some people dress more formally than others, and when the Big Bosses are in town we all wear nicer clothing, but for the most part I wear nice capri shorts, a dress shirt and sandals. We're attached to a factory, and those of us who work in the office aren't allowed in the factory area because we don't dress appropriately for health and safety reasons (we're allowed to wear sandals, heels and open-toed shoes; factory workers are not).

I think I'd be lost working at a place that expected employees to wear real business casual or more formal business-wear. It's just not a look I know how to put together.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am lucky because we can wear whatever we want here...even though its a corporate enviroment the company I work for is very laid back and they are very generous to their employees....so usually 2 days a week I wear my jean gaucho's/capri's with a nice shirt and then the other days it's b/t a skirt, different color gaucho's or a dress.....it's always up in the air for me

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a lucky duck too! I can wear jeans, but during the summer I wear capri pants every day...........