What do you use to get stains out of your laundry?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

We used to have a roommate who had a pit bull who liked to mark everything in our house as "his". So I saw this infomercial, and thought I would try it. It is that Urine Gone stuff. Came with a tiny black light, you are supposed to be able to see the stains disappear under the light.

First, the blacklight is so tiny that you can barely see anything in complete darkness. Second, it doesn't work. Not at all. At least not for me.

So, the lesson I learned AGAIN, is that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
aww that stinks that the stuff didn't work! have you tried Natures Mircale? (you can get it at pet stores like petsmart and petco)

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I also have a Shout stain remover that is for greasy stains- like those little grease spots that only show up after the dark blue shirt goes through the drier?
It comes in a metal can, and smells awful, but works great!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saliva works best for blood stains. There are enzymes that break it down. So, if someone gets drops of blood on your carpet, clothes or furniture, spit on it!

Do I sound like a serial killer???

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

First, the blacklight is so tiny that you can barely see anything in complete darkness. Second, it doesn't work. Not at all. At least not for me.
i use my big black light from college. that really lights up stains.
just the tube bulb kind from spencer's gifts.

that sucks that the stuff didn't work. i'm glad i never bought any...i had always wondered if it worked.