What do YOU think?

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think, the best food, is, one you can afford to feed and the cat will HAPPILY and CONSISTENTLY eat
. Having said that, I feed, commercial dry/kibble mixed with commercial wet/canned. Along with whole live mice, rats, quail, and chicks on a daily basis.

Last edited:

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the best food, is one you can afford to feed and the cat will HAPPILY and CONSISTENTLY eat. Having said that, I feed commercial dry/kibble mixed with commercial wet/canned. Along with whole live mice, rats, quail, and chicks on a daily basis.

If that is true, the best food for a kid is candy and cookies. Also, not all cats will kill a prey animal. Some have become friends with  mice, rats, and birds. So the prey animal needs to be dead if you don't want them as pets.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, I think cats should eat mice and gophers and small rabbits, like they do under natural circumstances. But unfortunately, modern life often comes down to convenience, cost, availability, and preference for lack of ickyness (:tongue2:), so we have to do the best we can under the circumstances. Even a raw diet (unless made up of naturally fed/raised whole prey) is a compromise. But at least it's close. And next close is canned food---at least it has approximately the same moisture content as fresh meat. Dry food is like. . .granola, maybe. Even if it's healthy, I'd hate to eat nothing but dry granola every day. I'd be really thirsty. A little granola now and then isn't bad, and sometimes you're rushing out of the house and can only grab a bag of granola on your way out, but hopefully not too much or too often. So that's pretty much how I feel about kibble.

Last edited: