What do you think about this?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brandi, thats really unfortunate. You would think that your grandparents would be so happy that they have a new beautiful granddaughter - who is HEALTHY! Why would her skin matter? Or her fathers for that much?

She is gorgeous

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can relate my whole family would disown me if I ever dated a black man. My cousin dated a black man and she had a baby with him and my dad doesn't really speak to her anymore. My aunt cusses about it all the time and Angela is her grandaughter, my cousin's mother said they baby was welcome in her house but not the baby's daddy. And I they said Lexi can't have any black friends over, the baby, and I said how are you going to stop her and they just refuse to give in. They love Angela and Lexi but they say its because Lexi can't help it and I said well last time I checked you couldn't choose what color God made you. They did not like that comment. And I don't even bother to argue with the family anymore mostly because I am not going to change them so there is no use trying.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

What I don't understand is, why is this considered acceptable? "They're old and set in their ways, we can't expect them to change." (I'm not ragging on you, Goosehazel -- your post just reminded me of a sore point when it comes to dealing with our elders.)

Sorry ... Did anyone else want to borrow this soapbox?
well, i agree with you - but also...my grandmother is 92. while she is way too polite to say anything to a person's face, i know she would not want me to date/marry a black man. it was simply not done for so much of her life - & it's hard to change after so many years. i love her, & i'm not going to ruin the relationship with an argument about this unless i have a man worth fighting about
then i might reconsider.
the baby is a real cutie