What do you see when you look outside?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I'm so jealous of you all!! It's so wonderful to see so many nice gardens - they're all beautiful! You'd think being in the land well known for spectacular scenery (second only to New Zealand) that I'd have something similar to share. But no... you have to be a little bit further south for that. Where I am, all I can see are grey shoe-box houses, grey clouds and matching tarmac. I do have a front and back garden - and it's quite peaceful and "quaint" in a non-gardening sense, but I would love a garden like any one of you guys! (Actually, I can see my whirlygig out the back window with a dishcloth that's been pegged to it for I don't know how long). I'm trying to make it nice again before I move - because I won't have a garden once I've moved into the apartment in Copenhagen and I reckon I'll miss it. If I'm honest though, I won't miss Scotland! And to all you guys with a swimming pool? What can I say?!
Can I come for a holiday!?!

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for more outside pics! Remember I like whatever you see because I want to see the different views (even if it's a brick wall so that's no excuse!).

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started a thread like this a month or two ago.. good to see another one back up.

I'll post pics tomorrow, I'll take some in the morning to share. Love all the pics everyone!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason I can't seem to post these on one go. SO here is a view from my baclony taken last summer:

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm always afraid I will forget someone when I start remarking on their beautiful pictures.

Beth - I love your back yard and those tropical plants in the planters.

Erika- Your view really is pretty, but I know you are going to like your new one better

Danielle - I'm not commenting because I wanna be there.

Twofatcats-OMG - stunning!

Jenny - It was especially to see your pics of Sarajevo since my Uncle is there right now and your pics make it seem less scary to me.

Oh, who did I forget?????

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Told you I would forget!

Ashley-I think the snow is lovely and that picture of your kittens is precious!

Heather- It looks so warm there! Can I come.

Susie - Of course - All of those lovely flowers.

Yayi - I remember that picture, too! That lovely pool !

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had mine left over in photobucket from the last posts.

I'm not taking a winter picture until we have snow on the ground.

Late Summer

Late Fall

Winter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone's pix are so different. It is a great thread. And Sarajevo is not scary now at all - it used to be, of course, but apart from some still-damaged buildings, it is a very safe city. The worst thing that will happen is that you fall on ice or slip on one of the marble pavements the Bosnians are so fond of but which become like skating rinks in winter!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

A photo of what I see from my living room window (at the back). But taken at then end of the summer when the leaves were still on the trees and it looked a bit more cheerful!!!
Now this is what I wish I could see when I looked out my window. You have a beautiful garden.

All I see is an ugly parking lot and the apartment building next door.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww thanks Hopehacker. It used to be boring lawn and no flowers - for years. When the kids finally stopped kicking a ball around the garden, we decided to do something about it. Neither of us are gardeners by the way - I plant it, if it can look after itself, it grows!

Our garden used to end at the end of the path, but we bought some land at the back from our neighbours who didn't want it anymore and we "landscaped" that as well. Taking out tons of gravel, old chicken shacks, carpets etc, etc, etc.

Things I can do now that I couldn't do before - lay patios (I laid the one under the table and under the summerhouse) and concrete paths. Between every stone on the paths (there are many more paths than you can see) I smoothed concrete.
When I've scanned them I'll post the "before/during renovation shots" they're hilarious!!

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, the view from my window is very dull and not pretty like all of your yards, but TTMom, you said you wanted to see all different views
so, apartment buldings and some snow (it's actually snowing right now, but unfortunately it didn't show up in the pictures):

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Juniper, yes, that is exactly what I meant. That reminds me of Europe, actually. I find a lot of areas in Canada do that.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally i can tell you what i see
outside my bedroom window

Pretty sky isnt it!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
bumping - so you don't forget to add winter pics if you haven't already!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

I had mine left over in photobucket from the last posts.

I'm not taking a winter picture until we have snow on the ground.

Late Summer

Late Fall

Winter
Spring!!