what do you put used litter in??

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We use the Petmate Litter Locker Plus, which allows you to scoop and store easily and contains the odor. About once a week, we remove the used portion of the bag. We buy refills (the continous plastic bag insert) about every two months. I might also add that a really nice scoop is included with it, and the box has a place to store the scoop. It is really great if you need someone to petsit, because it is so easy to use. I absolutely love it, and would highly recommend it.

padawan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i scoop the litter box daily and just drop it into the toilet. it all plushes down without any problems. when it comes time to completely change the litter it goes into a big garbage bag out to the trash outside the house.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use ZipLoc baggies. Scoop the poop in, pinch it shut, and into the garbage can it goes. It never smells because it's in the airtight baggie!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was using the grocery bags, but then I started to feel guilty about not recycling them
so I've gotten a bucket with a very tight lid and those odor control kitchen bags.
I use a lot less plastic this way and the entire bag goes out with the weekly trash. I also put baking soda in the bag every time I scoop. Between that and the tight lid, it doesn't smell (I've had brutally honest independent smellers verify this).

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

When I scoop, I use plastic grocery bags & throw it out with the daily trash! Works well for us!
When I scoop the poop everyday, I use small cheap sandwich bags and chuck it in with the daily rubbish. But when I discard of all the litter, I use the above. Works fine, and is putting them to secondary use!!

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I clean the box once a day. I have a trashcan w/ lid (the foot-operated lid type). I line the can with two walmart bags, which I secure with a rubber band around the outside of the can lip. I put the used litter every day into the can/bags and at the end of the week, I remove the two bags, double knot, and put it in the big trash can outside. This works pretty well, but it IS smelly when I open the lid to the can (even with baking soda) and I don't think I'll ever be able to use the can for anything else, as the plastic has absorbed the odor (even with double bags).

I have flushable litter, so I would flush the clumps, but the room that the box is in is all the way across the house from the toilet.

Art

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised no one else seems to do it the way I do.

I buy those little bags they use for doggie clean up - the ones I get are biodegradable and hold at least a day or two's worth of litter box clean up. Works great and keeps the smell in if I twist the bag shut. What I like about them is that they come in nice little rolls that are neat and tidy, and they last for a while so they save on me throwing things away.

Plus, they're cheap!