What Do You Put On Your Salads?

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sal

well I think it's time you come see the east coast of the States! It's not as long as a flight. 6 hours max.

Cheddar is my favorite cheese as well. Although I tend to prefer blue cheese on my spinach or mixed green salads.

The portions over here are HUGE! That's not a good thing either because it encourages overeating and contributes to the weight problem this country has. And that's a huge selling point of most places, large portions, more bang for your buck.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's true! I can easily leave a restaurant full, with a doggy bag holding enough food for my kid and I for lunch the next day.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's amazing how many resturants as well as fast food places are over here! Not to mention our grocery stores could accomodate a small city! haha! Then the American public craves to be thin! Quite difficult when someone is playing the devil's advocate...but then again, no one's holding a gun to anyone's head either.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i like ceaser dressing most, or creamy cucumber...

i'm not big on salads though, usually i just cut cucumbers, chopped pieces of cheddar cheese,
some feta cheese, a lil tomota and some green peppers or something like that and add my ceaser dressing !

voila, a salad without the salad.

then again... there's nothing like chicken ceaser salad...

cooie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, black olives, sweet cherry peppers, bell peppers, salami, turkey, mozarella cheese, parmesan cheese, anchovies, fat-free italian dressing.

Salad bar-type salad:

Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, black olives, mushrooms, bell peppers, beets, cheddar cheese, chopped egg, ham, turkey or chicken, bacon bits, cracked pepper, italian or catalina dressing, fat free.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot about other salads besides lettuce!

I love potato salad, and that salad that has broccoli,califlower,and radishes covered in ranch dressing.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmm, that sounds good Debby
I usually just make my potato salad with Potatoes (of course
), some sliced bolied eggs, fresh peas and carrots (in little pieces) and some Light mayo. Sprinkle a little Paprika on top and eat it with Barbequed steaks in the summer
I can't wait for warmer weather so I can haul out the 'bug tent' the Barbeque and hit the beach...

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Red potato salad is my favorite. There's just something about red potatos that I prefer.

My grandmother used to make a great broccoli salad. It had broccoli, califlower, mayo, shredded cheddar cheese and some spices. I need to get that recipe from her.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey if you get the recipe, please share it... that sounds delicious!

cooie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, yeah, if we're not talking about lettuce salads, then it would be a tie for potato salad (potatoes, dills pickles, boiled eggs, onions and mayonnaise) and macaroni salad (macaroni, boiled eggs, green olives, onions, sharp cheddar cheese and mayonnaise).

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cooie....that exactly what I put in my potato salad, too...except I also add a little mustard...and once in awhile I will mash the potatoes instead of chopping them...it makes a creamy potato salad, that is really good! I use less mayo though, if I do it that way..so it isn't quite so gooey.

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of this salad talk is making me really hungry! I think that I am going to go and get a taco salad for lunch or a regular salad.

Things I like on my salad...lettuce(of course), tomatos, hard boiled eggs, cheddar cheese, cucumbers, bacon bits, and thinly sliced ham and turkey and ranch dressing! Oohhh...that sounds SO good! I wish that I could go to lunch right now!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot about taco salads...I love those too!

Griffin....do you like fruit salads? I sometimes like a good fruit salad, like the one I make with blueberries, pineapple, & grape jello, with a cream cheese topping.

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have fruit salads often, but they are good.
I've never had one with creamcheese or any other topping on it. Is it good with toppings?

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you put the fruit in the jello and then let it set? When I make fruit salad I just chop up lots of melon, strawberries, kiwi and grapes and eat it like that. Oh..this is making me think of watermelon..I can't wait until summer so I can eat tons of watermelon!!!!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I mix the blueberry pie filling and the pineapple in with the grape jello first and let it set. Then I spread the top with a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. It is deicious!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like fruit and I like jello, but I don't usually like fruit IN jello. Still, the topping sounds interesting.