what do you pack in your suitcase?

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Well you're going to be at the beach most of the time, right? I would pack a couple of bikinis (I don't know how many you have, but I seem to have a complete wardrobe of bikinis and just love them so much) to start with. I'd also make sure I had two pairs of flip-flops that are basic colored, that way you can match everything. A pair or two of shorts, a short skirt, a pair of jeans, a whole bunch of tank tops, one or two "dressier" tops, and perhaps a belt or two. Of course plenty of underwear and all that!! I think that's it for clothes. I pack really heavily though so I'm not so sure how great my advice is on trying to pack lightly.
When you pack, tightly roll everything first instead of leaving them folded regularly. It creates more space and if you roll it right they won't wrinkle at all.
Sounds good.....although I, too, pack VERY heavy! For a weekend, I have like 2 or 3 bags! I'm going to SC in the beginning of July for 10 days to see Trav's parents and we're DRIVING so I cannot imagine how many bags I'll have!!

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I've become an expert packer because I travel so much for work and I HATE checking luggage in

It will probably be pretty hot in Sicily, so I'd pack some light stuff, then take a sweater / light fleece / jacket that you can throw on in the evening.

I leave for my big trip in a month and I'm already having nightmares about what to pack (4 continents inside 2 months!!!)

Have fun on your trip

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

thanx guys, i only have one swim wear, anyway because of me putting on weight. we are driving down there and flying back so.
i called my relatives and they told me that the weather should be fine hen we get there because its been high 20's and its been sunny.
but i am taking my jackets
Tone that down to 1 jacket. Jackets and jeans take up the most room in luggage. I usually bring a blazer...it can be dressed up or down depending on what is worn with it. Or bring a hoodie and a shawl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

Tone that down to 1 jacket. Jackets and jeans take up the most room in luggage. I usually bring a blazer...it can be dressed up or down depending on what is worn with it. Or bring a hoodie and a shawl.
ohh i only have a denim jacket and 2 hoodie zip ups they arent big at all.
i dont wear jeans because i look twice as big as i am

I just counted,

4 t shirts
1 skirt
1 black pants
1 bikinis
10 undies
2 bras
2 nighties with cats on it
1 warm sports pants
two towels.
bambi singlet top.
my denim jacket which i will wear on the plane
my yoga zip up from tchibo
and my night fever pull over i bought a few weeks ago.

i just weighed it on my scales and its not even 3 kilograms

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

ohh i only have a denim jacket and 2 hoodie zip ups they arent big at all.
i dont wear jeans because i look twice as big as i am

I just counted,

4 t shirts
1 skirt
1 black pants
1 bikinis
10 undies
2 bras
2 nighties with cats on it
1 warm sports pants
two towels.
bambi singlet top.
my denim jacket which i will wear on the plane
my yoga zip up from tchibo
and my night fever pull over i bought a few weeks ago.

i just weighed it on my scales and its not even 3 kilograms
you could still cut that down and just go freebird and 86 the under garments!!
just kidding!! thats not bad for as much as you have packed and if they let you have a carry-on you can put some small things in there like your toiletrees, and a magazine or something for the plane! You could also wear a second layer of clothing on the plane! Way to get more for your buck!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I've traveled to europe I brought like 3 undies and kept on rewashing them!! Or bring your most icky underwear and toss them out once you are there!! Is there a hairdryer where you are going??? Sounds like you have lots of room for shopping. Do you have a travel/carryone bag you can use on the plane trip back???

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well what i had planned was to even take a blanket with me down ther because you know in the night in the car its going to be cold, and since my parents are driving back up, they will bring the rest upif our luggage gets too heavy.
Bf has less things than i do, he only has 4 shirts, 3 pants, undies, loads of socks and a pair of boardies for the beach.
My problem isnt going there, its the way back

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd bring some clothes, a camera, some good books to read and an extra bag (empty) so that way I can pack more of the things bought in the 2nd bag!

For hairdryer, etc, I'd check with the place I was staying at and see if they provide hair dryers, etc so that way I can save space in my bag(s). That's what I did on my previous vacation- I asked my family what would be at the place that we were staying at and was told that the place has its own hair dryer, washer/dryer, and towels so therefore I didn't need to worry about bringing hair dryer or towels. I also brought less clothes knowing I can just throw the dirty clothes in the washer/dryer. Maybe you can check that out? That might help in packing?

Good luck with ur trip and enjoy it!! Hope to see pics!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

I'd bring some clothes, a camera, some good books to read and an extra bag (empty) so that way I can pack more of the things bought in the 2nd bag!

For hairdryer, etc, I'd check with the place I was staying at and see if they provide hair dryers, etc so that way I can save space in my bag(s). That's what I did on my previous vacation- I asked my family what would be at the place that we were staying at and was told that the place has its own hair dryer, washer/dryer, and towels so therefore I didn't need to worry about bringing hair dryer or towels. I also brought less clothes knowing I can just throw the dirty clothes in the washer/dryer. Maybe you can check that out? That might help in packing?

Good luck with ur trip and enjoy it!! Hope to see pics!
hehe we are staying at our beach house so i definetely know there isnt a hairdryer