What do you mean you haven't done his surgery yet????? (rant!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou again everyone for the vibes for Norris today. I took him in at 7am. They said he was supposed to have his surgery today between 11am-3pm just depending on the schedule. He will have to stay overnight, so i will pick him up after i get off work at the shelter tomorrow. Also- the vet (a different one in the practice- apparently my bosses called this morning and raised all you know what and demanded a different vet) said that he thinks he can repair the leg without having to amputate it so that's great!! He's not 100% sure but he thinks he can fix it
That's the best news i've heard all week! So keep your fingers crossed this vet can fix it alright. (there are a lot of vets in that practice- 2 of which i really like......the others i don't care for or have never delt with- the new vet is one of them but he seems to be good so we'll see.) my bosses let them all know that what they did was unacceptable. so i guess we'll see what happens as far as switching clinics go. Right now though i'm just hoping all goes well with Norris and he isn't in too much pain when he wakes up. I signed a thing for him to get extra pain meds if he needs them so i hope that helps.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still sending hugs and prayers form Mississippi for Norris, please let us know something when you find out how he is doing

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to update- i just got off the phone with the vet a moment ago. He said that he is going to do Norris surgery last (After hours) because it will likely take several hours and he want as long as he needs to devote to it. He said that he is pretty sure he will be able to save the leg and it won't need to be amputated
(great news!) He said that he wants to keep Norris overnight (as can be expected)and that i should still be able to pick him up tomorrow after i get off work at the shelter. Please pray that all goes well tonight with Norris surgery.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's great to hear the pup gets to keep his leg!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Oh that's great to hear the pup gets to keep his leg!
that's what the vet said
i'm happy too! he said that he was almost 100% sure he could save it. and i told him if he got in there and saw that he couldn't to go ahead and do whatever was necessary for norris to have a good quality of life. this new vet seems to be pretty good

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

that's what the vet said
i'm happy too! he said that he was almost 100% sure he could save it. and i told him if he got in there and saw that he couldn't to go ahead and do whatever was necessary for norris to have a good quality of life. this new vet seems to be pretty good
I hope they can save his leg. Sending tons of VIBES for Norris.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I hope they can save his leg. Sending tons of VIBES for Norris.
thankyou, i appreciate it. i'm hoping that whatever happens, norris will be able to recover smoothly and not have a ton of issues as a result
i have no idea what to expect as far as this surgery goes as i'm not sure yet what's going to happen. when i go to pick norris up tomorrow afternoon, i will talk to the vet and find out what all i need to do for him once i get him settled in at home. Fosters and Whiskey have been walking around all day looking for Norris since i took him to the vet. I think they miss their little buddy.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That`s great news! Thank God this vet is a decent one.
I`m not sure what time it is there now but I will say a little prayer when I go to bed in a moment. Hope he can save his leg but it`s all sounding so positive

Norris certainly is a popular little guy, and his new buddies missing him already?! How sweet is that!