What do you like to get on Valentine's Day?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been a huge Valentines Day person. B actually is my second ever Valentine. The other guys I would date we would break up with before Valentines, Christmas, or mine or his birthday.

So I'm not too picky. Flowers are fine. Even after 4 years with him, I still have issues with the day and prefer just to forget it. However he's the romantic one of the relationship.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF's not classically romantic. I have to urge him to do something for me... He has a good deal with me!!!

Since he will be out of town, we went out to a lovely dinner tonight! Eating is something we BOTH like!!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I chose other. I would like "anything"

DH asked me yesterday if he had to get me something for Valentine's Day
Hey, my Mom once bought me a bought of Kotex as a Valentine's gift (I had been very sick, not able to get out, and needed them. I got those, and a card.)

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It would be nice to even see Chris that day, but it's not gonna happen so instead I want him to just acknowledge the day and say Happy Valentines Day to me. He didn't even get me anything for Christmas so I am not expecting anything now.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love getting flowers, but I'd just love to be with DH on Valentine's Day. Most years we have a Board meeting that weekend so I'm working on the other side of the country from home.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to get roses on Valentine's day. Along with a romantic card. My bf and I also usually go out to dinner and a movie as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I chose all of the above because....well hey, whynot?
Natalie,
You are now officially a member of the Princess Club.
DH thinks that I am the president.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Nikki, it sounds like Kojak and Butzie will get to spend more time together on Valentine's day than you and Colin.
I think so! Kojak has already let me know he's thrilled about his date with Butzie
I told him he has to wear a tie and give himself a bath before he can go out

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to be with him is what matters most to me. It could be going out to dinner, or having pizza at the apartment. For the first 2 1/2 years of our relationship, it was long distance. Our first Valentine's Day together, I was still in college, and he couldn't make it up to see me. To make matters worse, my roommate across the hall had her fiance surprise her with flowers and dinner out. It made me feel horrible that she had her fiance there, but I didnt have my boyfriend there. It doesn't matter what I get, I don't even have to get anything at all, just that I'm with him that day or night.

Buttt .. I would like my engagement ring .. I'm sick of waiting for it .. But he said he won't propose on a tacky holiday like V-Day, Christmas, or birthday.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As i mentioned in another post, i will be working all day and wont be home untill 10:30 - 11. We are either going to Paris or Venice next month to make up for it.

Although this weekend we should have the wedding rings picked out...

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ech. Nothing is preferable.

I may buy myself candy the week after when it's all cheap.

I prefer gifts of affection delivered because the giving party wanted to give them, not because Hallmark said they had to.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our first Valentine's day as a married couple we didn't do anything cuz we were snowed in, lol. The University actually shut down for two days, which hadn't happened in about 20 years. So this year, I have some plans.

I don't know what he'll get me, but I love chocolate (mmm). I've already figured we'll order Olive Garden to go (I dont' want to spend the whole night cooking and we both work 8-5), and I'll make some homemade Bruschetta, and chocolate fondue (YUMM!). I don't know what to get him, but I'm sure I can come up with something.

I really just want to spend the evening with him, and enjoying the fact that we're not snowed in this year.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for other

I think if I mention I have cold hands and somone gets me gloves it means they listened.
Hey if I complain that I need to loose weight and I get chocolates that mean he likes me the way I am!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This might sound silly, well it would to DH, but I've always wanted a giant teddy bear or puppy dog. DH is anti-clutter, but I still hope he'd get that for me sometime just because I want it. I know right now he'd say we don't have the room. But that's not the point!

felinelady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I voted for all of the above--because I like to keep all options open, but DH and I emphatically agreed this year to avoid the chocolate (we're trying to get healthier).

The best Valentines gift of all time that DH gave me (years ago) was a puppy. Of course, I named her Valentine. She's no longer with us, but the memory is.