What do you feed your kitties?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shanynne

Thanks for your resply Carolinalima
the one I bought is the air dried meat. It looks like thinly sliced pieces, comes in a pouch and its the venison flavor.

Trouble is Rascal does like that MC31 so it's hard finding another dry that he will like that is grain free.

I guess I can always try giving him a little more of the Ziwi, but after his initial reaction... I don't know. If it was your cat, what would you do?
Ok... I see what you are saying - my cats don't like the dry ziwi either, but I do mix it with the wet to add calories to her diet (Hope).
She is on Ziwipeak wet - that she loves it!
My cats were all on junk food when they got to me, and I transitioned them to a higher quality food - IMO Orijen is the best, and so is Acana, Wellness Core is great, and then come the other ones TOTW, etc...
Their dry (except for Hope, who doesn't like dry, and is on all wet) is a 50/50% mix of Orijen 6-Fish and Acana Grasslands.
In experience, if you do a very slow transition, any cat can accept and come to like a higher quality food.
Lucky's transition from junk to great took about 2 months, but today she LOVES it, is very healthy, and I am also happy to be feeding them the best.

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Neko eats 50/50 of TOTW and Wellness Core. Core 100% gave her runny poo.
TOTW is helping. Once we finish the mix, its 100% TOTW! She is free-fed since she is still a kitten but she doesn't eat it all at once anyway
A good thing i suppose.

She gets canned food for breakfast and brunch since I work from 1-9.
Nutro Max, Authority, and Purina Pro Plan are her favorites
She also gets Natural Balance, Halo (new this week for us, we'll see how she likes it), and Nature's Instinct (smelly, probably won't buy again, she didn't like it too much).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Gizmo gets TOTW, and Neely gets Solid Gold. Both are happy campers.

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Lucky - All Dry, 50/50 Orijen 6-Fish and Acana Grasslands
Bugsy - Dry, same as above + 1 3oz can of Tiki Cat /day
Hope: All wet, ZiwiPeak. For extra calories I give her ZiwiPeak "dry" - not kibble, it is meat jerky.
Hi Carolinalima,

How do you determine who to feed what? Since all your cats have slightly different diet.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 3 cats.

Morning: They each eat 1/4 cup of Taste of The Wild Rocky Mountain dry formula. On weekends or when I'm not so pressed for time in the morning, they eat 3 oz of wet food instead of the dry food.

Evening: They each eat 3 oz of wet food. Henry eats either Authority, Nutro Max, Nutro Natural, or Natural Balance. Mattie & Chloe eat either Chicken Soup, Avoderm, Blue Spa, or Wellness.

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right now I am feeding my 2 3.5 months old kittens with Royal Canin Kitten formula, that was what the shelter said they have been having. I am planning to switch them to Orijen once I figure out the wet food part.

For wet food, Panther, the one with a good stomach, but does not like wet food that much, he has been trying different brands and taste of wet food, but he does not really like anything, except the baby food I am giving Cheetah. He will take a few bites and walk away. He especially hates Wellness kitten formula. Even when I blended it with baby food, he will lick all the baby food away and leave Wellness back in a piece. We have tried Science Diet Lamb, Chicken, AvoDerm salmon and crab.

Cheetah, the one with a bad stomach but will eat everything, is getting chicken baby food with some California Natural Chicken and Brown Rice mixed in.

They are given a few pieces of raw chicken every week and they seem to like it.

fireweed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 1.5 year old and a 6 month old kitten. They get wet 2x day, usually Wellness, Natural Balance or Innova. We leave dry food out for them in between, right now it's a mixture of Acana Grasslands No-Grain, and the Salmon and Brown Rice PC Brand kibble.
With the kitten eating a ton, it's getting a bit expensive to feed them super high end dry and wet. So they're still getting good quality wet and some good quality dry, but the PC is also mixed in there to save some money. Not that it's a bad food though, just not the 'super premium'.