What Do You Feed Your Kitties?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately I have been sticking to Premium Edge Adult. I used to switch with that and Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover Soul. Premium Edge is like $2 cheaper.

For wet, they don't get it nearly as often as they should. They usually just get whatever I have hanging around. For some of my cats, wet makes them puke. The one's that can handle it though, they get Whiskas right now which is an awful food but I got about 350 cans for free so I figured I would use some. I prefer Wellness canned with no grains in it.

For Cuddles, the cat who lives in my bedroom which I can't touch. She eats Iams. When I got her, the owner insisted I must always feed her Meow Mix dry because she tried everything and Cuddles throws it all up. Well, she tried all the crap in the grocery store, not any of the good stuff. Within a month I slowly switched her up a step to Iams and she only threw up once. After that I will work her up to something much better because I dont like Iams either.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou eats Nutro Max Lamb & Turkey cutlets for wet food, 3 oz/day, and gets free refills on dry food of the regular Iams adult dry food.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both of my 6 year old kitties eat both wet & dry....
Nutro Complete Care Weight Management dry & pouches.
Plus they eat the Nutro CC senior pouches too.

Dexter needs fiber for a larger stool, because he has scent sacs that plug and they both have very sensitive tummys.
I keep trying new food but so far...no luck.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul dry - I love this food.
I realize its a little grain heavy for some's tastes, but for a by-product free food with meat as an essential ingredient, its pretty low price, which is great for a grad student who's supposed to be on a budget. They also occaisionally get Nutro Natural Choice wet - I've been bad about giving them that lately and I need to get back in the habit of feeding them more wet.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
California Natural. Made the switch a bit ago. Mostly she is eating less...she was a real pig before! She did this all on her own with no help from me. Maybe it is true...more protein, less fillers, means better eating cat!

For wet...everything/anything. No matter what it is, quality stuff or not, she licks the gravy and maybe eats 1/2 tsp at the most. It is annoying! And expensive! (she will wolf down Meow mix cluck-a-doodle do pouch though...but I it has fish in it I believe (?). She only gets a dollop of that occasionally)

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My girls get Whiskas (yep I know its crappy). I used to feed Purina One, but I can only find it in tiny bags and it was way too expensive buying bit by bit.

I know Whiskas isnt very good but here in Puerto Rico good food is hard to find and what is considered mid-grade they want to charge an arm and a leg for it. Pro Plan Adult is 14 dollars for 4 pounds, and I am on a tight budget.

Ceci looks good though, her teeth are clean her skin is healthy and her fur is incredibly shiny.

Lately though she has been getting a tiny spoonful of Pro Plan Sardines canned. This is the only stuff the goofball will actually eat!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys get Maxximum Nutrition dry free fed, but a bowl will actually last them over a day, but they get 2 meals a day on Meow Mix wet pouches, they share 1 packet at noon and one at night
They love the wet so much, they hardly eat the dry.

jokieman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poe gets Purina Naturals Chicken & Oatmeal (relatively new on the market) His coat is better, and he's lost 3/4 of a pound (We adopted him a bit overweight).

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just switched back to California Natural Chicken and Rice for dry. I was feeding EVO but my cat that is sensitive started having some problems with it. I feed several kinds of wet it seems to be the best way to get them to keep eating some kind of wet, they are both dry kibble addicts. I give them Meow Mix Market selects cups, Wellness Chicken or Turkey, and today I got them some Solid Gold Blended tuna. It's the first time I have tried the Solid Gold but it is one of the ones that most cats are supposed to really like.