what do you feed your ferals?

katladee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we have gravity feeders out from dawn-dusk with purina one chicken and rice.
2x a day, they get a few cans of friskies to share.
i'm a little obsessive about my indoor cats' diets -- they eat the best of the best, but i really can't afford to do that for my ferals

i know i can't go any more expensive than friskies ... but i might be able to go a bit more expensive on the dry food.
suggestions? what's the best dry food i can get for the money?

ziggy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It depends on how much you are willing to spend. In my opinion feeding any of the major brand name foods that are nutritionally complete. They will do well on any of them. I no longer feed ferals but when I did I fed them Purina Cat Chow as that was the best I could afford.
Purina One isn't bad. Iams is also okay. Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul is a pretty decent food that is not too expensive. It's about the same as Iams but a much better food.

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine get Cat Chow for the most part. I feel guilty about it since I feed(and fed Attitude and Maude) Solid Gold Indigo Moon which is high quality but I can't afford to feed that to everyone. Plenty of cats have lived long happy lives on Cat Chow(or worse) and they all appear to be doing fine, they've beefed themselves up for the winter.

Taryn