What do you feed your cats?

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What do you feed your cats? What brands do you use and what is their routine?

My cats get wet food two to three times a day. I feed a combination/ rotation of canned food such as Wellness, Whole Hearted, Tiki Cat, Weruva, I and Love and You and occasionally Fancy Feast and sometimes something else and they get freeze dried raw sometimes as a dry topper for their canned and they get it rehydrated and the brands I use are mostly Simple Food Project and sometimes Feline Natural and my cats get a commercial cooked cat food called Just Food for Cats several times per week. That’s their favorite! I am also including a homemade gently cooked minced meat recipe using Know Better Premix but only Mickey will eat that. Bella refuses it. Mickey only gets wet food with the exception of freeze dried toppers and treats and Bella eats a combination of wet and dry because when she doesn’t eat her wet food or doesn’t eat enough of it then I supplement with Ziwi Peak air dried dry food in both Chicken and the Lamb and Mackerel. Bella really likes it but Mickey refuses it and is an excellent wet food eater.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2 picky cats.

Luna, gets (mostly) Weruva Backcountry Rabbit pouches or Weruva Purrfect Bistro Salmon or Beef pate. She always has a mixture of Orijen Tundra kibble and Rayne Nutrition Rabbit kibble available. There's a few other things she will eat but the rabbit is by far her favorite. Luna is very tall, long and lanky, and had trouble as a kitten maintaining her weight. She is the average weight for female MC's but the vet would love to see her hit 11lbs (she's just barely over 10lbs). I don't think that will ever happen. Hates Fancy Feast and all less expensive brands. She gets breakfast and dinner, rarely lunch but I do give her treats (both cat and human: plain roasted chicken is her jam) throughout the day to help bump up the calories a bit. .

Our other girl, Cocoabean, is a chonky senior addicted to Fancy Feast Classics or their Savory Centers (not so much the fish ones). It's been difficult to get to enjoy, let alone even taste, other food. She'll stare and silently walk off with a look of disdain. She barely touches the kibble and still somehow manages to be chubby. Bean gets breakfast, lunch and dinner - but never finishes any of those. Hence the lunch she gets. She gets no treats. She doesn't need the extra calories.

I have tried, literally, every food I can think of and these are the ones both have decided are what they like. Neither care for raw food, though sometimes I can get them to eat the freeze dried types. I had high hopes for the new line by Bobby Flay, Made By Nacho. Neither of them cared for it though liked the liquid part so must be something about the texture. Luna hates all cheaper brands (she will make a face, "bury" it and run off).

I've wasted a ton of money on these two, unlike our previous cat who ate everything and anything LOL.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 picky cats.

Luna, gets (mostly) Weruva Backcountry Rabbit pouches or Weruva Purrfect Bistro Salmon or Beef pate. She always has a mixture of Orijen Tundra kibble and Rayne Nutrition Rabbit kibble available. There's a few other things she will eat but the rabbit is by far her favorite. Luna is very tall, long and lanky, and had trouble as a kitten maintaining her weight. She is the average weight for female MC's but the vet would love to see her hit 11lbs (she's just barely over 10lbs). I don't think that will ever happen. Hates Fancy Feast and all less expensive brands. She gets breakfast and dinner, rarely lunch but I do give her treats (both cat and human: plain roasted chicken is her jam) throughout the day to help bump up the calories a bit. .

Our other girl, Cocoabean, is a chonky senior addicted to Fancy Feast Classics or their Savory Centers (not so much the fish ones). It's been difficult to get to enjoy, let alone even taste, other food. She'll stare and silently walk off with a look of disdain. She barely touches the kibble and still somehow manages to be chubby. Bean gets breakfast, lunch and dinner - but never finishes any of those. Hence the lunch she gets. She gets no treats. She doesn't need the extra calories.

I have tried, literally, every food I can think of and these are the ones both have decided are what they like. Neither care for raw food, though sometimes I can get them to eat the freeze dried types). I had high hopes for the new line by Bobby Flay, Made By Nacho. Neither of them cared for it though liked the liquid part so must be something about the texture. Luna hates all cheaper brands (she will make a face, "bury" it and run off).

I've wasted a ton of money on these two, unlike our previous cat who ate everything and anything LOL.
I can fully understand why your girls prefer better quality food. "Their Purebreeds". Royalty of the cat world. My boys are the same. Currently they receive Blue Buffalo Wilderness Turkey also the "Red Meat" selection of canned food. Their also getting Wilderness kibble in chicken hairball control.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can fully understand why your girls prefer better quality food. "Their Purebreeds". Royalty of the cat world. My boys are the same. Currently they receive Blue Buffalo Wilderness Turkey also the "Red Meat" selection of canned food. Their also getting Wilderness kibble in chicken hairball control.
The rabbit pouches, are up to something like $36 for 24 of them. The salmon is at $34. Plus the expensive kibbles. It's nuts. But she eats it whereas other things she'd take a few bites and I'd wind up throwing it all out. Good thing she doesn't need lunch or I'd be telling her to find a job!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The rabbit pouches, are up to something like $36 for 24 of them. The salmon is at $34. Plus the expensive kibbles. It's nuts. But she eats it whereas other things she'd take a few bites and I'd wind up throwing it all out. Good thing she doesn't need lunch or I'd be telling her to find a job!
Yes, inflation has hit Cat food prices as well. Yesterday I ordered a case of BB Wilderness "Red Meat" from chewy. It was $42.00 for the 24 5.5oz cans.

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 2 picky cats.

I have tried, literally, every food I can think of and these are the ones both have decided are what they like. Neither care for raw food, though sometimes I can get them to eat the freeze dried types. I had high hopes for the new line by Bobby Flay, Made By Nacho. Neither of them cared for it though liked the liquid part so must be something about the texture. Luna hates all cheaper brands (she will make a face, "bury" it and run off).

In addition to wet food, Costco rotisserie chicken is the house favorite take out,lol. we are pretty much reduced to skin, back and whatever is on the bones!!! I use Tiki dry as they treat (and that’s the only dry they get) . They loooove dry freeze rabbit.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Indy gets performatrin ultra. Half a can in the morning and a couple handfuls of kibble at night. I rotate flavors every other day or she gets bored and doesn't eat.

Kabby is on prescription food for kidney stones with how inventory is lately he gets a mix of hills and royal canin.

I save fancy feast for sick days. I really don't want to lose that option if my cats won't eat. If that fails, I use canned tuna.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wellness,tiki and nulo with nulo grain free dry food left out for graycie to snack on as she feels like but she is picky though will only eat tiki pates bt minced/morsels for nulo and wellness :rolleyes:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Farmina pumpkin and quail, wet, plus a daily probiotic. If they run out I get rabbit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol 🤣

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine eat Nulo Healthy weight (want to keep Bella lean so she doesn't have joint issues in her old age) and I use fresh pet refrigerated chicken along with some wet food (Nulo, Tiki, instinct, and simply nourish. Depends on what I can afford). I might give them some sardines in water as a special treat. I like to spoil my kitties while keeping them healthy and trim.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lydia gets mostly canned:

Tiny Tiger
American Journey
Wholehearted

She also gets occasionally canned:

Fancy Feast
Authority
Kitzy
Sheba
Soulistic

And then she also gets 2 tbsp of dry Purina Pro Plan Prime Plus currently.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 4 only get wet food. It’s either friskies or fancy feast pate. Sometimes I mix in a friskes shredded. They get fed in the morning and at night.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried something different for my cat peaches. Wellness core Hearty cuts in gravy shredded chicken and turkey. No throwing up for 2 weeks.