What do you eat for breakfast?

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During the week when its just me and the kids, I make them a big breakfast, but for me, I just have a nice cup of coffee or 2.

On the weekends when the husband is here, generally its basted eggs with toast or Blueberry muffins or homemade blueberry pancakes... ya... generally that is the extent of our weekend variety.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my days off, I'll actually cook a nice breakfast, but on work days, I've gotten really fond of toasting a couple slice of toast to go along with a Jimmy Dean Breakfast Bowl. They're not too bad, and they have several different varieties.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Usually a bagel with some butter or grits, cereal, and sometimes oatmeal. Sometimes, just anything I can find, like leftovers.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I'm probably not going to be much help. I am HUNGRY when I wake up in the am. I usually have about a half-cup of eggbeaters/eggwhites that I season up with onion powder, pepper and thyme.. and a tablespoon of parmesan cheese, whole wheat toast and coffee.

I cook more fancy on the weekends.. sometimes canadian bacon or chicken sausage or buckwheat pancakes. BTW - whole grain pancakes of some sort freeze really well and you can nuke them in the micro for a quick and tasty brekkie!
I'm with you. I am hungry in the am.

I usually eat cereal with fruit and milk during the week - shredded wheat when it's hot and oatmeal when it is cold. Oatmeal is an option because you can get it in individual packets and you don't have to have it with milk.

Speaking of milk, they now how ultrapastuerized milk in little containers so you can keep them in your cupboard and only use one at a time.

Sometimes I have a frozen whole grain waffle with fruit or a poached egg and toast.

On weekends, it is bagel time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Speaking of milk, they now how ultrapastuerized milk in little containers so you can keep them in your cupboard and only use one at a time.
Wow! Ill have to look for that, how cool!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Wow! Ill have to look for that, how cool!
where do you find them - dairy case or elsewhere?
i've stopped buying milk because i can't drink it fast enough. if i want something on my cereal or oatmeal, i use that liquid non-dairy creamer - french vanilla tastes good on cereals!