What do you drive?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1990 Ford Conversion Van. Gold over Black named "Goldfender". Needs some repairs - esp. after I backed into a post.
Does have a color TV! The TV and the ladder to the top are popular with the greatnieces and nephews. I let them climb up there (if they follow a couple of rules). A couple of them watched fireworks from up there.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We traded in the 2002 explorer last month for a 2006 mercury milan v6 premier. The car is fantastic for any considering a new vehicle. Ave gas milage is 33 mpg!! After driving explorers for 12 yrs its hard getting used to a car-you seen to sit so low to the ground!! Its got the 17" tires.
That isn't my vehicle however-with my new business I'll be driving the 2002 Ford F150 4x4. We have the regular cab as we haul lot of stuff -the supercab with the long box would be great however would be a tight fit in the garage!! I grew up driving a truck and we have had trucks for so long its ok except if you are going to the mall shopping after it snowed and everyone parks so crazy its difficult at times to back out of parking space.
I do like driving the truck in the yard or up at the farm in the fields!! Can't do that with the car!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I drive a 1985 Oldsmobile LS. It has over 300,000 miles on it, and still runs like a top. My friends call it Old Faithful. I am thinking about buying my daughter's 1975 Cadillac hearse. It is in mid restoration, so I may look for one in better condition. Just the thing to carry my massage table, chair. and all the other stuff that goes with them. Whatever I get next is going to be painted pink to keep my s/o from driving it.
Teal will work just as well. I drive a teal 94 Honda Civic and he wouldn't be caught dead driving my car
He calls it the "Skittle"

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My '94 Camry, dubbed Camille. My future vehicle is a newer Tacoma 4x4, which will be christened "The Toy," unless it displays another more fitting personality.

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hopefully that pics works...

This is my baby! 1992 Ford Mustang GT in Oxford White
She's got a Cobra intake, GT40 cast heads, Off Road H pipe, shorty headers, Underdrive pulleys, no accessories at all, a brand new tranny and Ram clutch, MSD ignition and a cheap K&N filter kit to top it all off. This summer I'll be putting in a Holley SysteMax II top end setup... that combined with a custom cam ground at a local shop should get me where I'd like to be. And off in the future when money is less of a concern, I'll turbocharge it... that'll be fun!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your car is older than my 1988 Hyundai.
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I drive a 1985 Oldsmobile LS. It has over 300,000 miles on it, and still runs like a top. My friends call it Old Faithful.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive a Chevy Trailblazer and I love it, and I can't think of another I'd like better, but if I were to get a SECOND vehicle, it would be a new Charger....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive a 1996 Chevy Beretta. I love it because it's paid for. I love any car that's paid for. Mine is at 128,000 right now & I'm hoping to get at least another year out of it. Idealy I'd like to get anothe 4 years out of it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I drive a Chevy Trailblazer and I love it, and I can't think of another I'd like better, but if I were to get a SECOND vehicle, it would be a new Charger....
I love Trailblazers - I've always wanted one!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My car is a 2000 shiny red Pontiac Grand Am. I havne't been driving it lately though. Since the gas prices are so high and my husband has such a long commute, he has been using my car, and I have his gas guzzler , a 2004 dark green GMC Envoy.

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
2001 Toyota Corolla, the best year for that car for the shape of the body. It's right after they made the lights on the back a circle and right before they went all "Jetta". It's Woodland Pearl, the older dark green that was standard before the newer "silver green". His name is Chuck, he runs like he was bought this morning and gets over 34 mph on the freeway. This was before all the fush about a cars gas milage.

My next car is a Nissan Xterra, although thats a few years off.
Hopefully by then they'll get better gas milage and be lower in price.

emsteve

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 1999 Monte Carlo and a yellow 2003 Mustang. The Monte is almost paid off and the mustang is just fun. Emily

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I love Trailblazers - I've always wanted one!
I test drove like 15 different trucks that weekend, and that was by far the best. I was warned against it by a friend, saying they heard it was small inside, so I almost didn't try it, but I did because I was getting sick of trying everything and the sales guy recommended it, and it's perfect! I'm glad I didn't listen! I have a problem in vehicles with my blind spot. If there is something in the way of it, I hate driving that vehicle, and a lot of these newer trucks have weird shaped windows that you can't see out of when you look back, like too much plastic part in the way. This one has square windows and I can see everything! I love my truck!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A 1989 Passat. First gear is no longer functioning (it has a standard transmission), and we've been looking for a replacement for months, but can't agree. I want a Honda Jazz, or a Toyota Yaris vario. Hubby says that's too small, and wants a VW Golf or Passat station wagon, which will be too wide for our garage (built in 1959).

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I test drove like 15 different trucks that weekend, and that was by far the best. I was warned against it by a friend, saying they heard it was small inside, so I almost didn't try it, but I did because I was getting sick of trying everything and the sales guy recommended it, and it's perfect! I'm glad I didn't listen! I have a problem in vehicles with my blind spot. If there is something in the way of it, I hate driving that vehicle, and a lot of these newer trucks have weird shaped windows that you can't see out of when you look back, like too much plastic part in the way. This one has square windows and I can see everything! I love my truck!
I'm looking @ getting something a bit bigger - SUV type - for somewhat cheap. I'm looking @ the Pontiac Torrents or a Vibe - they just about like a Trailblazer. I just love the way they look, I think they are so sporty and yet nice and decent.