What do you do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know anything about the cat vet in Davenport, I just happened to see it one day when we were down there. I guess I'll give it one more try and if they mess up again, I'm done. I've said it before, these doctors are mostly for dogs, this town is not a cat town and it angers me something fierce. I need to find a vet that is good and cares for my cats the way they should be cared for and so that I'm comfortable with the way my animals are being treated.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
T&K are used to being in long rides, I brought them up to dortmund and back several times and thats about a 2 hour commute each way!
Ive also taken them down to Tricias place, and the way my mother drove it took about or more 3 hours each way!

I have noticed if i keep them in seperate cages they will howl and cry, but if i put them together in a rabbit cage they are alot more relaxed!

I think if youre only taking the cat to the vet once a year than a 45 minute commute isnt too bad!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I have noticed if i keep them in seperate cages they will howl and cry, but if i put them together in a rabbit cage they are alot more relaxed!

I think if youre only taking the cat to the vet once a year than a 45 minute commute isnt too bad!
That's the thing: I don't only take them once a year, it's anytime they need shots, if they are under the weather, basically anything.

I tried taking them in one cage and Twig got angry and ended up attacking Rocket(and they LOVE each other) because he was upset at something the vet did to him. So I never put them together anymore even for short car rides to the vets.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be mad too. If you asked for a certain vet then they should have given you that vet. If the vet you asked for wasn't going to be available then they should have let you know ahead of time so that you had the option of rescheduling at a time when that certain vet was available. If I were you I'd call and complain. Try not to get too angry, just explain that you asked for a certain vet, and are disapointed that you weren't able to see him/her. Tell them that in the future you'd like to be notified ahead of time if the vet you want isn't going to be available that particular day.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I would be mad too. If you asked for a certain vet then they should have given you that vet. If the vet you asked for wasn't going to be available then they should have let you know ahead of time so that you had the option of rescheduling at a time when that certain vet was available. If I were you I'd call and complain. Try not to get too angry, just explain that you asked for a certain vet, and are disapointed that you weren't able to see him/her. Tell them that in the future you'd like to be notified ahead of time if the vet you want isn't going to be available that particular day.
I was thinking about that too. But I'm just worried that if I say something they might not be good to my cats if they need surgery sometime down the line and stress or be mean to them before they put them under ya know? I guess I just need to look into another vet.