What do you do with your litter droppings

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

I use sandwich bags too. I clean the litterbox daily and discard the bags into a lined small lidded trash can next to the litterbox. Very convenient. Once a week, I just empty the trash can.
That's what I have been doing.

What about the heat? Does that affect the smell with the cans outside. I am curious if this is a better solution for us. However the can will be in direct sunlight all day.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well when I was cleaning it like everyday religiously I used freezer bag ziplock bags and just tossed it into the outside garbage can once full. Now that I am a crappy owner who picks the box once every 2 days I just use a plastic grocery bag and then throw it in the outside garbage can.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

I also reuse plastic bags to scoop into (grocery store bags, bread bags, newspaper bags, etc)... when I had a studio apartment in college, I had a designated small "kitty poo trash can" I'd scoop into the plastic bags then put the bags into the "special" trash can... then I'd take that trash can up to the dumpster whenever I'd empty the rest of my trash
I do the same.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I scoop daily into grocery bags, tie a knot and toss in with the regular garbage. I can honestly say, there really isn't any smell after that bag is tied up. Maybe I'm lucky and my cats' poo doesn't stink but even the litter box doesn't get really smelly except, of course, for that first few minutes after they use it and cover it. When my hubby goes to the bathroom it smells worse than the kitties.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I used to buy litters in the plastic bins, I would empty the litter into the pan then scoop the waste into the bins and close the lid tight. Even if you don't buy bins, if you can get one bucket with a tight lid, you could scoop into a plastic bag, store it in the bin with the lid closed then throw it out at trash pickup.

And I know this doesn't apply to you, but in case anyone lives in the country and has a mole problem, I put used litter on the mole holes. Cats are natural predators to moles and will deter them from turning your lawn into a mine field. Beats using chemicals and traps.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the really small trash bags from Dollar General, 1 gallon. I tie those up and then put them in a small metal garbage can with a foot peddle next to the litter box. It works pretty well, and that way I can dump the can into the big trash later. The small trash can I use is very air tight and heavy.