What do you do with your kitty poopies?

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nebula11

Yeah i dump it in those shopping bags that everyone has a ton of....then I take it out right then and there...........
ME TOO! Otherwise the smelllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ran into this dilema and that's why I switched to a flushable, biodegradable litter.......World's Best Cat Litter. I flush the poop and the clumps of pee down the toilet. When I do a complete litter change, then I put the "bulk" of the litter in a garbage bag and give it to the garbage man as a present!!

misskittysdaddy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd have to check the brand, but I use some sort of small pet pooh bags that come in a red box of about 100. They were like $2.50 for a box and are just the right size. I also believe they are scented. I tie them off and put them in the regular garbage can - never had a problem with smell. I only have one kitty and I use feline pine, so I don't scoop, just take the hard waste out, so I only do it every other day - one box of the bags last six months this way.

MKD

ruthie70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

I ran into this dilema and that's why I switched to a flushable, biodegradable litter.......World's Best Cat Litter. I flush the poop and the clumps of pee down the toilet. When I do a complete litter change, then I put the "bulk" of the litter in a garbage bag and give it to the garbage man as a present!!
Up until a week ago I did exactly the same. Boy, was it ever simple! But as I said in another thread, I only have one bathroom and my daughter and her husband are coming to visit for a month. Am assuming they would not like to use a toilet that had been used for a cat's waste, no matter how carefully I did the deposit. This method of using plastic bags is horrible - am considering the Diaper Genie, but flushing WCBL is the ideal - simplicity itself.
To those of you who flush, should one only flush if there are two household toilets?

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nappy sacks for me - perfect size and scented so just the thing. I used to put them in the bathroom and take them out to the regular rubbish outside once a day (I scoop twice a day). I've recently started using a litter locker so only take them outside once or twice a week now.

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm using the Litter Locker which I like because it controls the odor very well. But I'm thinking about just using putting it into those plastic grocery bags and taking it outside twice a day. That would be a lot cheaper and not that much extra work.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three litter pans and scoop them in grocery bags. The plastic ones that you get when we Pay for stuff?......... And then I just put them o utside in the can.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthie70

flushing WCBL is the ideal - simplicity itself.
To those of you who flush, should one only flush if there are two household toilets?
I have two bathrooms and more often guests use the one that has the cat box I it. So far no one has complained about the possibility of germs. Frankly I never thought about it until you mentioned it.

When scooping I always flush twice and make sure the seat and floor is clean. If guests are coming I make sure to scoop before they arrive and sweep the floor. (I sweep regularly but do an extra good job when company is coming.)

Honestly, if I did not have flushable litter I would not be able to keep the cat.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

My boyfriend has a diaper-jeannie like contraption, except its specifically for cats. I don't have the money to put out for one at the moment, but I sort-of do it myself. I have a roll of scented 12 gallon trash bags kept by the litter box. Each time she goes (or when I get home) I will scoop into the bag, and knot it off right above. That way each bag lasts all day usually, and it cuts down on the smell. Then I'll take it out the end of the day, or into a big garbage bag by the back door til the next day if its rainy.
I like your idea Ashley!

Right now, I am using shopping bags put in the litter tubs the litter came in, but those tubs are getting to smell, even after being bleached out! I take the bag out at the end of the day & put it in the garage. Every morning, I take the bag(s) out of the garage & dump them in the field. When the guys who farm around us till the ground under, there goes the litter!
Good thing they don't care!