What do you do when you need computer help?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I ask my husband!
He has a BS in Computer Engineering and a Masters in Computer Science. Like you, he didn't learn about Norton in school
We used to get "Can you fix my computer?" calls constantly. There used to be multiple computers in various stages of repair around the house at any given time. He finally stopped returning the calls, and we haven't had anyone ask for help in quite a while.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I ask my husband!
He has a BS in Computer Engineering and a Masters in Computer Science. Like you, he didn't learn about Norton in school
We used to get "Can you fix my computer?" calls constantly. There used to be multiple computers in various stages of repair around the house at any given time. He finally stopped returning the calls, and we haven't had anyone ask for help in quite a while.
I remember your pictures. It made me feel better about the mess I had in that I'm not alone - (soon I hope to make a trip to Eco-cycle and get rid of most of it - if it ever stops snowing here
)

I did find at work that if I didn't return phone calls right away, people would eventually figure it out themselves.