What do you do in real life?

G

ghostuser

Hello everyone,
I am a Residential Program Instructor I work with Mentally/Physical challenged adults. Some that are medical invovled and others that are severely handicapped. This work is rewarding to me. I have been in this field over 20 years. Through the people I care for, I have learned patience, compassion, and understanding... I guess thats why I can handle and enjoy my kitty, Nomar's "Adventures".

fredsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good topic! Im an EMT and run 911 as well as work in a psychiatric hospital. I am an avid member of Siberian Husky rescue although I no longer live with my Siberians.

debbiea

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a Youth Services Director (full-time) and per diem as a RN in the Clinical Skills Center at a Medical School in Ohio..I have been a RN for 11 years..And a Librarian for 3 years..
DebbieA and the Kids...Tai-Tai, Zoe, and Baby

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we have a lot of new members, so I thought it would be nice to hear what some of them do when they aren't on TCS :laughing:

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wear many hats. I rescue abused and unwanted animals, I work in our home business, my husband is a custom knifemaker and I do scrim-shaw art and I write in the hopes of one day having a book published.

simon's mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am a full time mom. I take care of the house, my daughter and my fur babies. My husband works 2 full time jobs. One is at a bank as a computer operator and the other is at a bowling ally as a program director.

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am currently a substite teacher. I was a day care provider while my girls were young and enjoyed it. A few years ago I became friends with a teacher from my girls' school(her son was one of my little charges at the time) and she talked me into substituting...substitutes are always in short supply around here. I was reluctant at first but am so glad I did it!! It's challenging and a lot of fun(even on the days I have a "bad" class) and I still get to work with children. It's a great feeling when the students see you and give you a hug and are happy that you are going to be their teacher for the day. It's also nice having the summer off.

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I am 23 year old receptionist - I hate it. I majored in Management at the University of Houston and graduated last December with a Bachelor of Business Administration. I had the worst trouble finding a job after graduation and decided to settle on a receptionist position I was offered. I have nothing against receptionist (I just don't like being one) because they put up with a lot of garbage and that is why all receptionists should be given some kind of national award!

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work at our local Dept of Social Services as a Sr. Caseworker in Adult Protective - I also do on-call for child protective on weekends and some weeknights. I have done this job for 18yrs now and think I have seen it all then something comes along that astounds me further!

dawnt91

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a stay at home mom to two preschoolers, Amy (almost 5) and Adam (2 and a half). That's pretty much what I do, all day long, every day of my life.
But I love it and consider myself very lucky that my husband supports me in this. I have no plans to return to the working world after the kids go to school, although I may start my own pet sitting business and do that part time.

Before I quit my job almost 3 years ago, I was an instructional designer/project manager at a consulting firm in Fort Worth.

washusama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
By day I am a receptionist (Ceridian)
at night I am doing one of my two other jobs.. I work for Noize Pollution as a Rep, and also for MixAddict as a Rep. (Promoter)

I am also the mother of a bunny, a guinea pig, a prairie dog, an iguana, a tortoise, and a fish!

Once I hit 25 (the magical # to get financial aid) I will go back to school, maybe, I've already been out 6 years..I don't know if I can handle it..

*shrugs*

One day I hope to be some kind of brilliant biologist, but I can't do the whole disecting thing, so maybe I won't...

dodo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a molecular biology & genetics BS. I've graduated 3 years ago, & never worked anywhere
For the last 2 years we have been living in USA ; I don't have the visa so I can't work here
( Although my husband can; he's an electrical engineer & is trying to take his Ph D at the same time ). Well I took some courses such as Spanish, Evolutionary Psychology, Neuropsychology etc. from schools. Other than that life here was pretty boring & dull
. If everything goes OK, I will start making Ph D in Psychology this semester. Well, I can't work for at least 2 more years, so what can be better than making Ph D

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a stay at home mom of two children. My day revolves around laundry, cooking, cleaning, and entertaining the little ones. But I love it!! Prior to me staying home though, my "official training" is in the banking field, specializing in loans.

elinor

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well right now I am at home. I paint and have sold some of my work. I was a Health Care Aide working in nursing homes, and hospital doing private care with the elderly and handicapped. After many years of that I burned out and worked as a cook in a day care for three years. Had to quit because of illness.

Now a couple of years of retirement I am now thinking of taking an upgrading program as I think I would like to go back to caring for the elderly again.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
geez. compared to you all, I am pretty lame! I work as an asst mgr of a restaurant. lately after work I am the painter/fixer-upper for our rental property and boy does it need it!
then after/during all that, I am mom to 4 cats, and 8 tanks of fish, both freshwater and (recently) saltwater. I breed Mollies and sell them when they get big enough.
when that's done, I am housekeeper and laundry doer!:LOL:

chery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hehehehe well I have been here on this wonderful site for many months now and have neglected to come say hi and introduce myself! So Hiya! I'm Chery! A New Kitties (well cats now) mommy! I am an independent contractor selling commercial park and playground equipment, (work out off my home office) and work part time at Barnes and Noble book store. (I love to read and it helps pay the bills!) Anne I love your site! Thanks so much for all your hard work. It has helped me so much as a new cat owner!
What a wonderful resource for all of us! Thankies and hiya all again!
Chery
(Ashes' and Misty's mom )

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm Chair of the Department of Psychology at a mid-sized public university. I have a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and teach graduate and undergraduate students.

dodo...did you have any luck starting the Ph.D. program in psych? What kind of psych degree are you wanting to earn?

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Barb,

I
LJS!! I'm from Indiana & we have one in my home town. Now I live in Maryland and there isn't one anywhere close to me.

I miss the hushpuppies & chicken.
the batter is the best!

I'm sure you get sick of it because you've probably eaten more than your fair share of fish!