What do you do for your spouse?

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, my situation's very different! yeh, i try & help out the best i can. my partner does everything for me (& i do mean everything), i alway's give my partner hug's & kisse's, so he know's i appreciate what he does for me.

we help each other, with the bill's & food shopping. we go out for the day together, we spend alot of time together. we do give each other break's aswel, when we need to. i know Dan need's break's, as he's my carer. at night, i like to just cuddle up to him & watch the tele!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never any one certain thing every day, just whatever needs to be, like if I know he's tired, I'll bring his coffee to him without even asking...things like that. Mind you, he spoils me rotten, lol!

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Make the beds, mop the floors, vacuum the rugs, do the wash, clean the windows, take care of the cats, pay the bills, have dinner ready when DW comes home, and most important of all, communicate.
To me, there's no better thing that can be done in a marriage than the very last thing that you mentioned....communication! The lack of communication between a husband and wife or you and your s/o is one of the worst things for a relationship that there is, take it from someone who knows. A couple of years ago, I had a online affair, and no, I'm not proud of it, but when all was said and done, in the counselling that we've had since then, the biggest, and I mean BIGGEST problem was a lack of communication.....both of us had decided that the other one just didn't love us anymore....bad, bad, bad....and oh, so wrong!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep telling her she can have the Divorce, that she keeps asking for. Just mail me the paper work

does that count?

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I adore my husband, so I do so much for him!! I cook, clean, do laundry, rub his shoulders after he works, you name it, I probabally do it!! He is so spoiled!!! I even call him spoiled and he grins!! He is so proud! But he does a lot for me in return.

I think it is wonderful what you want to do for your husband. He is a special gift to you and you to him as well. So when you do stuff for each other, neither should feel bad. Marriage is a blessing and you should give and receive and it should be guilt free!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Gary is very, very ill, so I pretty much do everything all the time these days. But he never takes it for granted - which I really appreciate. And one of the sweetest things he does to thank me or tell me he loves me is to write messages on the wall of the shower with those markers for kids to play in the bathtub. It is SO wonderful to head in for a shower and find rainbows and hearts and poems or messages of love or whatever all over the place. Never fails to bring a smile.
I do this for him too. Or write on the mirror. Or leave notes in his underwear drawer.

And we always thank each other for everything. It gets tiresome hearing Gary thank me all the time for everything, and I always tell him he doesn't need to thank me. But it's so much better than not being recognized for it.

Laurie
That is just the SWEETEST thing!!!!

I have totally spoiled my boyfriend. I take good care of him, cook for him, give him consideration, laugh at his (dumb) jokes. Sometimes I think he takes me for granted and then he will do something sweet out of the blue, even something small, like show up with a bag of my favorite coffee. He's not a romantic man, but he's a good man.