What do you do for halloween?

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually I don't really do anything, we get trick or treaters, or we did do at our old house so I am supposing we will do here. I don't let my kids go though as I just don't think its safe enough anymore. Well, its not that far away and I really do love halloween and this time of year in general so I thought I will do something this year, the kids break up from school that week so I am going to do a small party and invite my friends little girl, the kids (and me and my friend) can dress up and I will decorate the house, do some spooky food and i have just won a halloween cd off ebay, I'm actually quite excited
x

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We don't do much of anything. Hand out candy to Trick or Treaters. Keep the kitties locked in a bedroom all night because we don't want them to escape and get hurt!

Sounds like you are going to have fun though. Maybe I'll leave DH to deal with the candy and come to your house!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

We don't do much of anything. Hand out candy to Trick or Treaters. Keep the kitties locked in a bedroom all night because we don't want them to escape and get hurt!

Sounds like you are going to have fun though. Maybe I'll leave DH to deal with the candy and come to your house!
yeah, you can come, bet I'm bald by the end of it with the kids running around though
x

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We dont really do anything. I was invited to a party, but cant stand the girl who invited me so I've said no (Twice now!). She's one of those "well why aren't you coming?!" types, too
So far only 3 people are attending anyway so it doesnt sound too fun, and hubby doesn't like dressing up for Halloween.

Another friend and I might drive to NC for the Halloween party one of the pole studios is having since they invited us. It has to be on a Friday which stinks, because Fayetteville made "Trick or Treat day" on the 30th

We also dont get any trick or treaters here (road with only 5 houses and no street lights).

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Halloween is my favorite holiday. We get up to 225 kids! It's so hectic, I have to invite my best friend over to help me (DH never knows when he'll get home from work, or he'd help me). I make a special dinner for us, and serve it before the kids come at 6PM. We get dressed up.

We often have a very small party the Saturday before Halloween. Again, DH and I dress up.

And before all of that, the nearby town has a harvest festival. Many of my Civil War reenacting friends dress up in their gear, and do demonstrations. There are also many 18th C. reenactors in costume, as well, so DH & I dress in our 18th C. garb. They have a ghost walk, free cider, doughnuts, etc., and, since it's in the complex where our 2 fave restaurants (owned by the same people), we go to dinner at one of those before the festivities.

Annnddd, the same restaurant has an adult Halloween party the Saturday night (10 PM-???) before Halloween. We often have our party at home that night, then go to the restaurant party after that. We get a ton of milage out of our costumes!

Did I mention that I love Halloween???

Due to home improvements, I'm very late on making another costume. I've had lavender silk sitting around for 2 years. I'm making another 18th C. gown.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We used host or go to a party each year. Now we don't do anything but sit home, watch scary movies, and munch on the candy intended for trick-or-treaters.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since Halloween is my birthday, I usually have a costume party (with or without a theme) and give trophies/ awards for the best dressed guy, girl, and couple.

It's always a blast, and there's always tons of food.

Maybe I'll be able to have a party in my own place this year? I wonder if my new place will be ready by then...

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not been able to do much for halloween although I have thought about having a small party for the kids but haven't made my mind up due to having Pixie and ot sure how she would handle so many kids.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone at work wears a costume for the day. I usually go as a cat..imagine that! WOW!! Can you imagine a 5'11" kitty coming to your table and taking your order? Since Halloween is a day before my birthday I'm taking it off this year. I'm going to visit a coupe haunted houses with some friends.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont dress up but I wish we live where kids would come visit cuz Id dress the dogs up. I found the cutest outfits yesterday at Petsmart. A devil outfit for Franklin complete with horns and wings cuz I always call him my devil dog. There wasnt anything there large enough for Max but Bf has some old work shirts from different garage places and Id dress him up as a mechanic complete with a tool belt with tools in it. I think that would be adorable. I wanted to get Max an angel costume or him and Franklin matching devil costumes but they dont seem to make anything big enough for my monster Max.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We don't do much of anything at home. Last year I did put some witch bottles on the kitchen hutch, but this year, thanks to Mollipop, I don't think it's a good idea....that girl is into everything!

I put the fall tablecloth on the kitchen table and got the black cat witch cookie jar out and put that on the kitchen counter. And that's pretty much it.

I do have a bunch of witch bottles and a small display in my office for Halloween.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a party here last year. NEVER again. Tons of people showed up who weren't even invited, people were drunken fools, very disrespectful to certain guest, people made huge messes and there was a lot of property damage.
This year we'll go to someone else's party.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since this is the first Halloween Russ and I are spending together, we may be going to a club where they have a Halloween party. We're not getting dressed tho, we will just check out the others. Some people really wear great costumes and I love seeing them.

I have always worn costumes except recent years and I will post a couple of pics I have at the end of the month. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the fact that you can be someone else for one day.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the 30th we have a halloween party and then we are going trick or treating with a bunch of people. We can't wait and are excited to have an excuse to go this year, lol. (DD will be almost 7mo old, lol) We are going as the Flinstones, I'm very excited. We dress up every year,its so much fub!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work at a nursing home and each year the staff come to work in Halloween costumes to make the holiday more fun for the residents. Last year I was a black cat, and I'm still trying to decide what I'll be this year. Other than that I don't do much at home except watch scary movies and pass out Halloween candy to the kids.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually don't do anything special, if something is going on we might decide to go out, but usually Idon't like to go out on Halloween because people get crazy and I don't feel very safe for some reason. I guess I'm paranoid that people dress up and then feel they can do anything they want. My head is weird sometimes..

This year, since we live in a HOUSE and not on the 10th floor of an apartment building, I want to stay home and hand out candy to trick-or-treaters. I should ask the neighbors what kinds of crowds we have so I know how much candy to buy. I don't want to run out in 20 minutes or have 2 bags leftover. (well, that'd be ok really, but... no! can't have leftover candy!! Discipline!
)

I'll probably wear my blue lipstick and maybe draw a bloody scar (read: a red line
) on my face with the little face crayon things I have from a few years ago, no real costume I don't think. Just some tame (or is that lame?) fun.